Ubud hotels - Tegal Sari , Tjampuhan, Bali Spirit

G

I have provisionally booked the Tegal for for July after reading rave
> reviews on various forums. I was torn between Tegal Sari, the Tjampuhan and Bali Spirit.
Does anyone know the Tegal sari and if room 23 is nice and if it away from the road; I am concerned that it may back onto a busy road.

Mo

Jul 18, 2005
New Zealand
Hi Mintey, if you see this message anytime soon would love to know how you found the Tegal Sari (assume you've already atleast arrived there by now). I stayed at the Tjampuhan many many years ago on recommendation from friends and loved it, except for the magnificent shower that only produced a trickle of warm water and was therefore unusable. Am planning to be back in Ubud in Sept, and want an alternative to Tjampuhan in case they haven't fixed the shower situation yet (which seems to be a real possibility!) This would be the 'luxury' part of my stay, just a few nights before taking on longer-term, 'cheap' accomodation, so I want it to be as problem-free as possible as an introduction to Bali for my kids. So a description from you of the Tegal Sari and its good and bad points would be really appreciated. Cheers!