Two more deaths from rabies in Bali

spicyayam

Two more people have died from rabies, bringing the total now to 45, according to this article in the Bali Times.

Two more people have died of suspected rabies at Denpasar’s Sanglah Hospital. They were a 30-year-old woman from Tembuku in Bangli and a man from Bebandem in Karangasem.

Both were admitted to Sanglah’s isolation ward on Monday with advanced rabies-like symptoms and both had been bitten by dogs. Both died the following day.

Sanglah’s rabies treatment chief, Dr Ken Wirasandhi, said on Wednesday that tissue sampling would determine whether they had died of rabies. If so, their deaths bring Bali’s official rabies toll to 45.

This is really getting more out of hand. I always imagine the condition those victim were into before they die. Really horrible and I'm afraid the government isn't doing anything for immediate solution. :icon_sad:

Really horrible and I'm afraid the government isn't doing anything for immediate solution.
The "government" was given detailed information, based upon extensive research carried out in many other countries where there were outbreaks of rabies.

Indonesian officials chose to ignore them and deal with rabies in their own way. Their way obviously hasn't worked (like culling the dog population). Unfortunately, they still don't get it and hence, rabies is not going away in a hurry. If anything, it's getting "worse". More regions in Bali now have it. Soon, all of Bali will be infected.

The current official death toll is probably an underestimate, for various reasons, not the least of which might be frightening off tourists.

Random fogging for mosquitoes to prevent more dengue fever, (and other mosquito-borne diseases), is hopelessly inefficient. I guess the "officials" don't know the difference between shit and clay, so to speak.

:icon_rolleyes:

Back