Travelers rethink travel to Bali

balinews

Feb 14, 2010
THE threat of reprisal attacks against westerners following the death of Osama bin Laden has Gold Coast people reconsidering their travel plans.

Accountant Kirrilee Riini, 25, is heading to Bali with four girlfriends in mid-May and yesterday said she would closely monitor events in the Muslim country before she heads off.

"I am a bit nervous, only because Bali has been targeted before," Ms Riini said.

"You don't like to let those things deter you from going, but at the same time it is on your mind."

Ms Riini said the girls had planned to spend the first week in Kuta, before heading to Lombok, but they may alter their plans if security deteriorated.

"Kuta would be my primary concern, I think we will feel safer once we got to Lombok.

"We will stay away from the nightspots targeted last time."

Ms Riini travelled to Bali in 2009 and at the time did not think about terror attacks.

She was more concerned about the experience of Schapelle Corby, and ensured her suitcases were padlocked.

Gold Coasters rethink Bali trip Local Gold Coast News | goldcoast.com.au | Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia

freetofly

Aug 30, 2010
THE threat of reprisal attacks against westerners following the death of Osama bin Laden has Gold Coast people reconsidering their travel plans.

Accountant Kirrilee Riini, 25, is heading to Bali with four girlfriends in mid-May and yesterday said she would closely monitor events in the Muslim country before she heads off.

"I am a bit nervous, only because Bali has been targeted before," Ms Riini said.

"You don't like to let those things deter you from going, but at the same time it is on your mind."

Ms Riini said the girls had planned to spend the first week in Kuta, before heading to Lombok, but they may alter their plans if security deteriorated.

"Kuta would be my primary concern, I think we will feel safer once we got to Lombok.

"We will stay away from the nightspots targeted last time."

Ms Riini travelled to Bali in 2009 and at the time did not think about terror attacks.

She was more concerned about the experience of Schapelle Corby, and ensured her suitcases were padlocked.

Gold Coasters rethink Bali trip Local Gold Coast News | goldcoast.com.au | Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia

omg, easy to stay away from the sari club. does anyone know whats happening on that site???