Thanks, Bert, and....

xpat2b

gee whiz, I thought my last post on the old forum was such a good farewell post. But here we are again....glad I didn't say anything I wouldn't want to live with now that we've risen from the ashes.

So, we are arriving on Jan 17th, with pots, pans, cutlery, dishes, bowls, artwork, etc, all of which we will leave in anticipation of returning again next July to take up residence there. We left a ton of stuff when we were there last Feb (towels, linens, etc.), so we are gradually building up an inventory of household goods with which to start our Bali life. Next trip I'll bring electronics, laptop computer, musical stuff, photo gear and of course more kitchen and decor items.

So Bert, when we come in July I'll be bringing a couple of external hard drives full of all kinds of stuff, and one drive will probably be devoted entirely to music (MP3 and .wav files). I take it you are a fan of classical music, so as thanks for your tireless work on this forum, I would be happy to bring you a considerable amount of such music. I don't know much about classical (being a folk-jazz-blues-country kind of musician), so you'll have to be specific about what you want. We've got lots of time between now and then, so give it some thought and let me know.

To all on this forum, Susan and I will be staying at the Klub Kokos hotel on the Champuan ridge just north west of Ubud, from Jan 17 to Feb 7. Give us a call (local 978 270), drop in, or whatever.

Dennis

Music, again !

I take it you are a fan of classical music, so as thanks for your tireless work on this forum, I would be happy to bring you a considerable amount of such music.

Thanks !! USB or PCMCIA on your externals ? can come by with my laptop !

I'll make a wish list :)

(gee, soon I'll have more of the stuff then anyone on Bali...)

USB

USB 1.0 for the moment, but will probably be v.2.0 by next July. I like the ones that have both USB and firewire (IEEE 1394) connections.

Dennis

Back