Sportmans Bar, Kuta/Legian

Baliken

Aug 6, 2005
Darwin/Bali
I dont know if any of you guys and gals are familiar with Toms bar down at Sanur, great atmosphere and friendly ppl..
The thing that this bar has going for it is its live, direct telecast of most sports around the world, ok we have ABC ozz delayed by an hr or 2 but hooking up to Papua and Africa we get to see all types of sporting events..

I have been tossing up with the idea of introducing something similar to the Kuta legian or seminyak area.
Something a bit more upscale 2/3 flat screens, aircon optional and a steak-house included..Family atmosphere with a small beer garden outside..
My 21 yr old Indonesian born son has just finished his chefs apprenticeship here in Ozz and my wife has extensive knowledge of Indo cooking as well as Ozz, having worked in a few of the better restuarants preparing salads and so on,,,having that side of the operation sown up, we figure all we need now is the right location..

We have talked about this new venture for a while now, and feel that, that part of Bali could do with an establishment like this...

We would appreciate any input or advice on which way to go.
We are not into it for the $$$ but has to be profitable to survive as any business has to survive..
Our initial investment would more than likely cost us beteween $150.000 up.

Appreciate any feed back,,,remember its the live telecasts that will bring punters in...

BK

balijeff

Apr 5, 2005
Kuta Beach
BK,

Its a good idea....

But I can think of at least three such places in the legian area just off the top of my head. Seminyak has two I can think of.

I am referring to the sports bar you mention. However, I also know that most restaurants also have TVs and carry mainly Aussie events when they run. That is at least true for the Legian/Seminyak area.

So you will have established competition in those areas. However, I hear that Canggu is the upcoming Aussie Expat hangout. Maybe look at getting a prime spot there....

Jeffrey