Social visa HELP

kimbo

Jan 28, 2008
Perth WA
Hi to all the visa guru's

I have a question, we want to obtain a social visa, we went to the consulate here in Perth and obtained the revelant form for our sponsor to fill out and send back to us, which he sent back today. We spoke to him tonigh but due to commuication break down he seems to think that we are trying to get a Kitas visa (working visa).

So to get to the question if all goes to crap, can we get at tourist visa (30 days) and apply for a social visa whilst in Bali.

Any and all suggestions would be truly appreciated.

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
Moreover, the kitas visa requires the sponsorship of the director of a company, be it a CV or PT, and specific company documents are often required as well.

There are rumors, and I mean rumors, as I don’t this for certain, that 60 day tourist visas are now renewable in Bali on the same basis as a sosbud visa, i.e. 4 periods of 30 days each. I’ve only heard that this is the case for some visas issued at the various Indonesian consulate offices in OZ. It might be worth checking that with the Indonesian consulate in Perth to see if that is in fact the case.

Jimbo

Jan 11, 2005
Manchester and Makassar
[There are rumors, and I mean rumors, as I don’t this for certain, that 60 day tourist visas are now renewable in Bali on the same basis as a sosbud visa, i.e. 4 periods of 30 days each. I’ve only heard that this is the case for some visas issued at the various Indonesian consulate offices in OZ. It might be worth checking that with the Indonesian consulate in Perth to see if that is in fact the case./quote]

The links I posted on the visa section seem to confirm this but I am waiting to see the outcome before commentating.

kimbo

Jan 28, 2008
Perth WA
Thanks guys

We are waiting until we get the fsponsor forms back, and take them to the consulate and hopefully Made has filled them out correctly, we were a little confused because he was asking us to ring someone else, which sounded like a agency who deals with visa's.

It becomes difficult trying to organise these things so far away.

It would be great if that rumour was true, we will ring the consulate and see if we can get any sense out of them.

thanks again.

Sanurian

Sep 28, 2004
Sanur
...So to get to the question if all goes to crap, can we get at tourist visa (30 days) and apply for a social visa whilst in Bali...

As far as I know the answer to both questions is a resounding NO.

Sounds like a communication problem here. Fix that first and things should fall into place.
Good luck!

:D

Dyah

Dec 29, 2005
Hamburg, Germany
www.ikat-agentur.com
Hi Kimbo,
how long you´ll be stay with social visa? With touristvisa (but you must apply in consulate in your country) you can have 60 days ... also you don´t need sponsorletter. Ask this possibility in Indonesian consulate or embassy.
-Dyah

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
The thread starts with the question:

So to get to the question if all goes to crap, can we get at tourist visa (30 days) and apply for a social visa whilst in Bali...

Sanurian says:
As far as I know the answer to both questions is a resounding NO.

I would have thought the answers are YES and NO.

YES - you can get a tourist visa on arrival
NO - you cannot get a social visa after that without making a quick trip somewhere like Singapore.

kimbo

Jan 28, 2008
Perth WA
If we came on a tourist visa and took a quick trip to Singapore how long does it take to get the social visa there?

Jimbo

Jan 11, 2005
Manchester and Makassar
Kimbo

If you use an agent in Singapore it can take only a day. If you do it yourself it can take 3-5 days. Do a search in the forum and you will get names telephone numbers of agents there.

Sanurian

Sep 28, 2004
Sanur
Hi, ronb
Of course most people can get a Visa-On-Arrival. kimbo asked
...can we get at tourist visa (30 days) and apply for a social visa whilst in Bali (my emphasis)...
As far as I know, you can do neither, legally, whilst in Bali.

From my past experiences, all kinds of visas can be completed in a single day in Singapore, especially if one uses an agent.

I've heard the "rumours" that Jimbo mentions about proposed changes. I hope they become reality - time will tell.

:D

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
As far as I know, you can do neither, legally, whilst in Bali.

I totally agree with Phil.

PS...Phil, your patience is admirable. The next time we bring in our dog for a distemper shot, I'm thinking of asking the vet..."hey, have you got one of those for me?" :p