Rainwater harvesting

Ourgrace2636

Dec 31, 2019
Hello everyone reading this.
My name is Paul,I am from Western Australia,but have built with a local family in Nusa Lembongan.
I am very concerned for the quantity and quality of water available to the locals and would like to begin installing tanks,gutters and well replenishing measures where appropriate.
I have had no luck so far in gaining assistance and would very much appreciate any contacts or advice from anyone on this forum.
I am a capable and handy Metal Fabrication tradesman who has had a lot to do with water storage needs in both Tasmania and W.A.
I would very much like to promote many practical environmental initiatives among the local village people. Respectfully.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Few people here seem aware of this as an option. I think people are only starting to realize the problem now as the groundwater dries up.

I don't know how you want to help people, but I would suggest maybe making some plans/pictures/videos on how to set this up.

One way to get local people on board I think is to try and show them how they can operate this as a business. Maybe you could provide training. I am sure there are a lot of people interested in this, but they don't know how to get started.

Ourgrace2636

Dec 31, 2019
Few people here seem aware of this as an option. I think people are only starting to realize the problem now as the groundwater dries up.

I don't know how you want to help people, but I would suggest maybe making some plans/pictures/videos on how to set this up.

One way to get local people on board I think is to try and show them how they can operate this as a business. Maybe you could provide training. I am sure there are a lot of people interested in this, but they don't know how to get started.
Thank you for the reply,very much appreciated.
I am going back in a couple of days to have another look around.
Would anyone out there know of any teams that would be interested in doing work in Lembongan supplying and installing gutters and tanks ?

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Thank you for the reply,very much appreciated.
I am going back in a couple of days to have another look around.
Would anyone out there know of any teams that would be interested in doing work in Lembongan supplying and installing gutters and tanks ?

I admire what you are trying to do, but you do need to understand that the laws for foreigners working in Indonesia are very strict, even if it is volunteering. It only takes one person to get upset and report you to immigration and you can be detained/deported and never allowed to come back again. So, please understand this if you are looking for other expats to help out. My suggestion would be to pay some locals to do the work. If you can put together some information for others to follow, I think that would be a great help to the community also.

Ourgrace2636

Dec 31, 2019
I admire what you are trying to do, but you do need to understand that the laws for foreigners working in Indonesia are very strict, even if it is volunteering. It only takes one person to get upset and report you to immigration and you can be detained/deported and never allowed to come back again. So, please understand this if you are looking for other expats to help out. My suggestion would be to pay some locals to do the work. If you can put together some information for others to follow, I think that would be a great help to the community also.
Thank you, I absolutely support that.
Does anyone know of any local companies or crew that undertake this sort of thing.
I am very happy to support them and will work hard to help them get lots of work while also helping our environment.

JackStraw

Mar 14, 2017
Hello everyone reading this.
My name is Paul,I am from Western Australia,but have built with a local family in Nusa Lembongan.
I am very concerned for the quantity and quality of water available to the locals and would like to begin installing tanks,gutters and well replenishing measures where appropriate.
I have had no luck so far in gaining assistance and would very much appreciate any contacts or advice from anyone on this forum.
I am a capable and handy Metal Fabrication tradesman who has had a lot to do with water storage needs in both Tasmania and W.A.
I would very much like to promote many practical environmental initiatives among the local village people. Respectfully.

This guy should tell you everything you need to know:

https://www.mrfixitbali.com/water/water-supply/rainwater-harvesting-256.html