kcooper1102

Jan 16, 2011
Hello again!

My boyfriend purchased a one way ticket to Bali with me as I will be living there for work. The airline said he would need proof of a ticket back to the US so we found a cheap one way flight from China that we will cancel and get refunded for. I know it is rare for people to be asked for proof of onward travel at the actual destination -- never happened to me once-- but I did want to ask if this tends to happen at the airport in Bali? I thought we were set and that popped into my head and I just wanted to ask. I know he will eventually need to fly to Singapore for a social visa and I guess we could buy that ticket if need be.

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
No one ever asks for proof of out bound ticket in Bali, normally the airline will ask when you check in at you country before you leave.

kayoticlaudia

Mar 10, 2011
Indonesia & Germany
No one ever asks for proof of out bound ticket in Bali, normally the airline will ask when you check in at you country before you leave.

Actually it depends on the airline you fly with whether they ask or not.....ie KLM/Airfrance has never asked for a return ticket. Korean Air is a big stickler for the return ticket though. They check and recheck dates! But as for the immigration where you get your VOA I've never been asked.

sunnycoast

Jun 4, 2010
I have been asked about my return ticket by Thai Airlines when leaving from London.
With Malaysian flying in from Amsterdam, never had any question at all.
At the airport in Bali, never been asked anything also.