Newbie Alert!

Steve Farrant

May 12, 2018
Hi all!

I/m an Australian Child in a man's body and I have been living in Bali about 6 years, Rented 3 properties so far, have a block of land in Lembongan and wow.... what a ride. Hard to go anywhere without having someone stick their hand in your pocket, I guess its just a matter of how far they get their hands in is the key. I want to share what I have learned and get help to accomplish what should be, simple things. For example sourcing materials for home renovations here has been my biggest problem. Finding decent materials to work with! My wife takes apart the people trying to rip us off quite easily but only with things she knows about.

Will upload a Avatar later I'm off to Ade Rai's to lift some steel as is my daily ritual. Usually earlier in the day but had to go to the Consulate to get a Stat Dec done.

Reactions: spicyayam

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
Welcome Steve, I hope you will enjoy this forum. Knowing what a good price is takes some time, and along the way you are likely to overpay a bit because you simply don't know what the price should be. But as time goes on you get better at it. Good luck.