Need An Accountant for an Australian Tax Return

Nagy

May 6, 2009
Hi

Does anyone know of an accountant in Bali that can do my Australian tax return? Ive searched through previous threads but couldnt find anything relevant. My situation isnt that complicated, but I wouldnt be confident doing it myself online.

Cheers

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
Hi Nagy, I don't know an accountant, but have done it on-line and been very happy with the outcomes. A year ago I expected we would need to pay capital gains tax on a house we sold because we had not been living in it - but I followed through the on-line advice, read all the examples they offered and found that we did not have to pay it because we had lived in that house and the time since we left it was not long enough to make us pay the tax.

So, give the on-line approach a go - you don't need to submit it if you have misgivings.

DorisDazed

Apr 3, 2009
Does anyone know of an accountant in Bali that can do my Australian tax return?
I don't and my gut feeling is that I wouldn't even contemplate it.
As ronb suggested, take a good hard look at the Australian Tax Office's website and the services available.

You might also get some clues from the Australian Consulate in Denpasar, although for obvious reasons, it's not their job to recommend individual doctors, lawyers, accountants, etc. They probably have some "generic advice".

If your tax return is not too complicated, as you suggest, you're probably better off using whatever tax accountant you've used in the past, in Australia. Or, just do it yourself, on-line.

:D