Maple Syrup

aquaman

Apr 6, 2009
While Calitobali continues his quest for the elusive Kraft Mac and cheese I have another food locator request....Maple Syrup (Golden Syrup to some). Any clues where one can find it near Seminyak? Gf tried Bali Deli, Bintang and Carrefour (Carrefour actually didn't even have sugar last time I was there :shock: ). Any other suggestions?

JohnnyCool

Jan 10, 2009
Sanur
...Maple Syrup (Golden Syrup to some)...

I came across it once, years ago and bought it on impulse. Possibly from the hard-to-find Lotus warehouse near Jimbaran.

(Lotus ads claim it's located on The By-Pass. Unless they've moved, don't believe it. It's a "high-profile" place with a "low-profile" physical address.)

I haven't seen any since. Why don't you buy some sugar cane and burn it yourself? Never know, it might taste just as good.

On a more serious note, I bought some Arabian date honey the other day and it reminded me of Golden Syrup. It was in MAKRO - maybe there's some kind of promotion on at the moment... piles of the stuff and several different brands.

I bought the red-label Sari Kurma and it's great! Even comes in a cuter-than-normal plastic bottle.

I haven't tried rubbing it, yet. You gotta be careful these days. After the smoke settles, you might end up talking to an Arabian pan-cake.

:D