IPTV please explain

PERtoDPS

Dec 31, 2018
Hello all

I'm currently using my self contained apartments free wifi and Smartfren (most of the time when it's slow congested etc). I recently started to use useetv just wondering the easiest and cheapest way to unlock the channels like Nat Geo, HBO and Discovery?

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
You need to subscribe to the channels you want to watch. You can do it at your local Telkom Indonesia office.

If you are looking for a cheap way, you can buy a Kodi box. You connect it to your TV and the internet. Actually, you don't even need hardware as you can install Kodi on many different kinds of computers and phones.

You then install "Addons" which have hundreds of different channels. You do need good internet though. Installing the addons can be a bit tricky but you can find plenty of tutorials. It is illegal though. It is amazing though the content that is available.

PERtoDPS

Dec 31, 2018
I'm fully aware of kodi and have used in the past with success, however it's a little complex for my current living arrangement hence wanting to just unlock a few channels, eg this trip I'm only here 2.5 weeks its not worth all the stuffing around with software plug ins.

In any case thank you for the information about how to go about it, now I am just tossing up between using this service https://iptvplix.com/ as I can also use it back in Australia or just unlock the channels, it's going to come down to price in the end.

PERtoDPS

Dec 31, 2018
Thanks for the tip, but I bought it already. The real issue is my smartfren doesn’t seem to have enough b/w for it, well it does at stupid times like 5am 7am etc but not peak times. Then vlc doesn’t seem to like the large playlist file keeps crashing so I guess I will be installing Kodi after all.

Not a complete waste I can still use when I return to Australia and my connection there fast.

PERtoDPS

Dec 31, 2018
Ok well for those interested this was my solution: https://iptvplix.com + I'm using Smartfren so just 2000 RP 1 GB, but the key ended up in the software with VLC and Kodi constantly falling over I have started to use SMPlayer and it is flawless, can even play most of the channels in peak times.

The issues spicyayam raises about legality may well be true, but this is by far the best value option I have for now THAT ACTUALLY WORKS.in practice not just theory.

Sep 19, 2021
You need to subscribe to the channels you want to watch. You can do it at your local Telkom Indonesia office.

If you are looking for a cheap way, you can buy a Kodi box. You connect it to your TV and the internet. Actually, you don't even need hardware as you can install Kodi on many different kinds of computers and phones.

You then install "Addons" which have hundreds of different channels svensk iptv. You do need good internet though. Installing the addons can be a bit tricky but you can find plenty of tutorials. It is illegal though. It is amazing though the content that is available.
I used to watch Sly through cardsharing years ago, before and after the loss of HD and even SD channels. I'm interested in trying IPTV. It'll be mainly for football and sports. Movies/tv shows/documentaries etc aren't a priority as they can be found in high quality elsewhere. So my question is what can I expect in terms of quality? I know it won't be perfect, especially at such a low price, however, I want to be realistic. Will a good provider have all the channels in HD, if not then at least better than SD with good frame rate?

Last edited:

PERtoDPS

Dec 31, 2018
This thread is 5 years old and internet connection speeds and IPTV have both improved quite a lot since then, Bali has pretty decent and accessible broadband available now. Someone suggested a Kodi box that's the way to go like an android tv box (search for those words) off Tokopedia and then just load up your programming on that. If you find a good source it will be HD with no buffering, assuming your internet connection can support it. It really depends on their server bandwidth too, obviously if thousands of people tune in to a boxing match or a footy game there needs to be bandwidth on the server side to support it.