Chelsea in Bali

Jan 14, 2018
Hi! I'm Chelsea. I'm a young Canadian who fell in love with Bali during my month long stay in November. Bali gave me an immense sense of belonging and an indescribable pull of just needing to be there, as I'm sure many of you can relate to. Essentially, I have made it my mission to relocate to Bali by May. I'm not positive on the logistics of it all, hence joining the forum. Also, I've created a blog and youtube channel to document the entire process, which may actually be of interest to you as well. Maybe you can let me know if I've mad any mistakes in the information that I've been writing about :)

https://www.chelseainbali.com

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoUYpw-ikoYS4IT4zThbE9g

Thank you,

Chelsea

Reactions: Harry08

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
Welcome to the forum Chelsea. Let's start with a question. Do you have an income stream from outside Bali?

Mark

Apr 19, 2004
Welcome to the forum Chelsea. Let's start with a question. Do you have an income stream from outside Bali?
I would imagine that the blog and youtube channel represent the hoped for income stream...

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Hi again Chelsea....some are responding negatively to your post. They are correct in their posits and that was what I tried to imply, in my other response, without being too brutal.
At this moment of time, living in Bali, unless you are reasonably wealthy, isn't anyone's dream...it's a fallacy!

Last edited:

Mark

Apr 19, 2004
Hi again Chelsea....some are responding negatively your post. They are correct in their posits and that was what I tried to imply, in my other response, without being too brutal.
At this moment of time, living in Bali, unless you are reasonably wealthy, isn't anyone's dream...it's a fallacy!
davita you are correct. Bali seems to be getting more and more expensive. It is no longer a great place for dreamers, escapists or drifters who are hoping to start afresh, unless said persons have a pool of savings to establish themselves. In fact, for young caucasian people looking to work by 'flying under the radar' it is even more difficult than in Europe or Australia, since they will definitely stand out. Having said that, if one has a non-Indonesian source of income then that is a very positive asset. Chelsea's Bali-focused blog and youtube channel will eventually be seen by the authorities and will cause her grief if it's clear that she are earning money from them and concurrently living in Indonesia on a tourist or social visa.