Help!! Visiting Bali in November (Questions)

G

Hello Everyone, I am hoping there will bo some nice people out there that can help us with some questions about out trip to Bali in November this year. We are a Canadian couple and really looking forward to spending a month off our hectic lives back home. Any replies to our questions would be greatly appreciated.
1) We have heard that we must register with local police if we find accomodations other than a hotel (say rent a home from someone), is this true? Is there money involved?
2) When we arrive we are issued a tourist visa? How long is it good for? I was under the impression we got a month but we have read that you can only get 15 days and you have to get another. I am a little confused about this issue, any information on what we can expect to get through customs would be great.
3) November, what is the weather like for Ubud? That is where we are looking to stay. How are mosquitos? (The house we are looking to rent has a lot of out door space. How about for the rest of Bali, I know it is rainy season but how bad is it? (We do not like going with the hords in high season.)
4) The house we are lookin at renting is two bedroom and looks really nice from pics, about 15 min outside Ubud for $375USD. Does this sound fair? The place is really beutiful but without pool etc. It does not have aircon is this a bad idea or is that okay for that area?
5) We are looking to move to Bali...hence the trip..are there any expat groups/clubs that meet somewhere regularly that welcome wannabees?
We would like to talk to some people about what its like, legal issues, referals for agents/contractors and of course sample the local beers with.
:)

Okay I am done now...a thank you to all in advance that help us out. Hope you all are well and enjoyng life to the fullest...best wishes.

Leanne and John

Nel_son

Jun 8, 2005
Canada , winnipeg
Oh don’t worry the people here are great at any questions. I’m leaving in October to Lombok island off of Bali, this year for almost a month and my hotel will cost me 700 CND was 500 USD for 2 people.
Its good to do research as we have to obey by there rules. Look for a travel book Maptown.com the one I bought was both Bali& Lombok it covered both islands

I prepared ahead of time its always good to. Make sure you bring some indo currency and some USD be careful with the bills serach the forums for " currency " trust me do as much research :roll:

Mo

Jul 18, 2005
New Zealand
Just knocking your thread to the top here, surprised 200+ people have viewed this but noone has answered you - I would be interested in the answers to some of your questions. If you manage to get them answered elsewhere, please do post here what you've found out! Cheers..

matahari

Mar 8, 2005
Oslo
1) We have heard that we must register with local police if we find accomodations other than a hotel (say rent a home from someone), is this true? Is there money involved?

No need for register with the police, just be sure to write the name of "some" hotel when filling out the "visit indonesia application/declaration" you recive shortly before landing.

2) When we arrive we are issued a tourist visa? How long is it good for? I was under the impression we got a month but we have read that you can only get 15 days and you have to get another. I am a little confused about this issue, any information on what we can expect to get through customs would be great.

Canadian citizens can buy a 30 day visa on arrival and it cost 25$

check this site: http://www.balidiscovery.com/messages/m ... sp?Id=2645

3) November, what is the weather like for Ubud? That is where we are looking to stay. How are mosquitos? (The house we are looking to rent has a lot of out door space. How about for the rest of Bali, I know it is rainy season but how bad is it? (We do not like going with the hords in high season.)

November is rainseason and it rains a bit more and also abit cooler then average. But usally no problem. check out http://www.bali.com/news_weather.html for more detail info.

4) The house we are lookin at renting is two bedroom and looks really nice from pics, about 15 min outside Ubud for $375USD. Does this sound fair? The place is really beutiful but without pool etc. It does not have aircon is this a bad idea or is that okay for that area?

If it`s for one month it`s sounds like a fair price. No AC shouldn`t be a problem in november, it depends on how sensitive you are. there is most certainly some fans on the facility, that will do the job :)

5) We are looking to move to Bali...hence the trip..are there any expat groups/clubs that meet somewhere regularly that welcome wannabees?
We would like to talk to some people about what its like, legal issues, referals for agents/contractors and of course sample the local beers with.

send PM to Bert or Roy, they should be able to help you out.

Good luck :)

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
Kim, excellent reply to Leanne and John's post, and in total keeping to the essence of this forum. Selamat amigo! Indeed, if they want to meet some "Ubudians" they could PM me and we can set them up straight away.

To Leanne and John...welcome to Bali!