Hello

d1amonddust

May 14, 2018
Hi everyone! I'm Juliana - Indonesian, married to a French man, living and working in London. Work-wise, I'm a corporate lawyer and my husband is a website/SEO developer. We go back to Indonesia and Bali often (naturally, because I miss it a lot, my parents are there and my husband and daughter loves it). It's been a while since we're thinking of going back to Indonesia - perhaps it won't hold true in the near future for us (still need to work unfortunately...), but we are in the process of buying a piece of land in Lovina (just so that we can build a permanent place for my parents and just so that we have a permanent place to go back to when we are in Bali). My mum currently owns a 'warung' in Jakarta.

True, that doesn't make me a true expat, but oh well... hello everyone! Would love to meet some of you when we are next in Bali! :)

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Welcome to the forum. I think the biggest difficulty moving back would be education for your kids. The options have increased a little but I am sure the standards are lower than in the UK.

d1amonddust

May 14, 2018
Hi spicyayam - agreed. We were looking into lycee francais de bali or the north bali bilingual school. The former would obviously mean that we have to live in the South and my parents in the north (since that's where they really want to be). Has anyone had any contact/experience with the north bali bilingual school?

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Not personally, but I know quite a few people who are happy with the school.

Mark

Apr 19, 2004
Spicyayam, does your wife still offer property due diligence service?
Legal due diligence is critical, but is no substitute for the many other issues that need to be confirmed before a property transaction. For example, road access, power, water, zoning, neighbor issues, location of nearby temples etc. etc. My advice is to tread very carefully...