Hello from the US

Aussie Ric

Mar 8, 2018
HI All,

We are an Aussie family living in the US and we plan to move to Ubud in June.

We have 2 kids, 8 and 3 years old, and can't wait to get back to Bali. We have only stayed for a 2 month max period before (except when surfing was my life and I spent 6 months traveling around Indo) so really looking forward to experiencing everyday life in this beautiful country.

Any advice paying tax would be hugely appreciated.

Cheers

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Hi Aussie Ric and welcome to the forum where I hope you get answers to your project.
The first thing you need to assert is ...how do you intend to get appropriate visas to move to Indonesia.
As I've mentioned to many...Indonesia doesn't open it's arms to foreigners...on the contrary...they only appear to like foreign tourists to come, spend a lot of money, then leave.
There are International schools available for kids education but I believe can be expensive......not sure about Ubud tho'!
Indonesian law states taxes are liable on world-wide income for anyone who resides in Indonesia for more than 182 days in a year. In practice I do not know anyone that complies with that rule, unless they do earn income in Indonesia, and have never heard of the Gov't going after anyone. i.e. I earn bank interest on Fixed Deposits and 20% is withdrawn as tax.