Hello everyone

Keith Veness

Dec 12, 2017
Good morning. New members Keith and Yasmina from Australia introducing ourselves.

We are travelling to Bali on the 3Rd of January for 10 days to check our immigration agents and rental real estate agents.

We ate looking to retire in Bali around March 2018

Would be grateful for any recommendations in regards to agents.

Look forward to meeting new friends in the forum

Keith and Yasmina

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Hi Keith and Yasmina (nice name) and welcome to the forum.
I'm not sure how much you already know about immigration into Indonesia but the only visa that requires an agent is the Retirement Visa....all others can be DIY which is much cheaper as agents charge anything they think you are prepared to pay....be careful.
If you can tell us a bit about your requirement you will probably get free and better info here from members.

Re: rental agents...there are many realtors all hungry for clients as it's a buyer's market....so don't be put off by asking prices....they are all negotiable. Another way is to go to restaurants, grocery stores etc.... anywhere 'bule' hangs out and look for adverts on the wall. Or peruse the Bali Advertiser...it's on-line and available every month in many of the same places the adverts are posted.

Keith Veness

Dec 12, 2017
Thank you Davita

I cannot apply for a retirement Visa until October 2018. I was going to apply for 60 days visas until then, where is the best place in Bali to to apply for this type of visa? Keith

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Here are the types of visas available.
1. Free Visa on Arrival (VOA) lasts 30 days and not extendable
2. Paid VOA (US$35 or equivalent) lasts 30 days and is extendable for another 30 days (US$35).
3. Tourist Visa available from the nearest RI Embassy/Consul to where you live. Lasts 60 days but not extendable...but I have known it to be extended in Bali if a sponsor is found.
4. Social Budaya Visa (Sosbud) available from the nearest RI Embassy/Consul to where you live. Is initially for 60 days and IS extendable monthly for up to 6 months. Needs a sponsor letter to apply.

My recommendation is to apply where you live for the tourist visa (google the Embassy/Consul for details for application). When in Bali try to find a suitable friend or an agent (for a fee) who will sponsor for a Sosbud extension then try your luck...if that doesn't work plan B is to leave Indonesia...maybe Singapore/Malaysia and immediately return for another free or paid VOA.

October isn't that far for you to interview a few agents for the retirement visa while you are here....there are many agents and I've known some foreigners who were not yet qualified by age to actually get a retirement kitas.

Keith Veness

Dec 12, 2017
Thank you everyone.

Your information has been very helpful.

We would love to catch up with some Expats on our upcoming visit as we are very interested to hear your stories and get your advice. Please let me know if you are interested in catching up for a drink. Thanks Keith and Yasmina