Hee Guys !! (and Gals)

Bert Vierstra

Nov 5, 2002
Homeless
Its a bit slow on the forum...

I know there are some new members who could be interesting enough...

SPEAK UP !

How about you feelings after the bomb? and the current threath(s) ?

How about the culture of Bali, is it vanishing ?

Relationships between foreigners and locals, we haven't talked about those for a while?

RRROOOOYYY, we need an argument or two !!!

Do I cut too much of? or too little ? ;)

Come on, let something exiting happen... :roll:

Tommy

May 11, 2005
yes it is quite intresting that there are so many people who read this forum lack the interest of actually contributing. almost everyday i see about 10-14 "readers" and 1-2 members. alot of new members, but very few that actually use their account. i'd say it's an understatement to say that only a few are active posters here. the majority of members seem to have registered, maby made one post.. and then gone away forever or remained a "reader". :)

Tommy

May 11, 2005
that would be "overstatement" to say that only a few are active posters here... not "understatement" :D

zonobono

Aug 24, 2005
switzerland
true enough...i am one of these lurkers as well...due to the facts that a. i don't live in bali or indonesia (but read this forum, because i want to come for a couple of months this winter), b. that i really can't join a lot of discussions, because i don't get much information about politics etc over here.

but i love to read your discussions :)

MUDCRAB

Aug 24, 2005
Stralia
Well you got me then, I'm a bit of a lurker on the quiet, as I don't have much insight in the ways of Bali as I have only been once.

I'm more of a Philipino board poster but give me time, and I'm sure to jump on the band waggon and ruffle a few feathers :oops:

maurits

Oct 10, 2004
Belanda
I am also more of a reader I guess. As I am interested in Bali but not always in the subjects which are displayed on this forum...

When I worked in Bali I was involved in hotel business (4-5 star) and the villa market. And not much of those are to be found on the forum. However, I do like to read the expertise and experiences of other forum members...

As most people want to know the best budget accommodations, I only know the best hotels and villas.

Maybe from July on, I will establish myself once more in Bali, but I am not sure yet. However, I will go in March to the Island of the Gods most likely for over a month doing some work. Whether I will go or not depends on the safety on the island, as I will organize an excursion for 160 people with all different kinds of nationalities.

Tommy

May 11, 2005
"lurkers" :shock: I have no idea of who the lurkers are but i think i've nailed down the only "hidden" member to.... tadaaa! Pak Bert (sorry :lol: ). All this lurking and reading makes me more reluctant to share more personal pictures, names, financial questions etc etc since i don't know who's out there.. but i guess that's just me. :oops:

Bert Vierstra

Nov 5, 2002
Homeless
Re: RE: Hee Guys !! (and Gals)

Tommy said:
All this lurking and reading makes me more reluctant to share more personal pictures, names, financial questions etc etc since i don't know who's out there.. but i guess that's just me. :oops:

No, its not just you....

Its not an "invisible" forum, its public. I know that many people read and thinks its very valueable for them, at least when its about life in Bali.

Yes, you should be a bit careful about personal stuff...

But besides being a "small chat community" this forum gives the opportunity to people who care about Bali, in one or the other way, to express their opinion, and have a (tiny) bit of inlfuence...

Tommy

May 11, 2005
I bet all the lurkers and readers out there got a real kick from the hexadecimal and ZX Spectrum-discussions :lol:

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
Geez Tommy, any girl ever tell you that you have one hell of a big tongue? :D

Sorry Bert...too busy to think up a good argument. Off to BKK next week, so I'm too busy to "stir the pot." Next month, I promise! :p