Greetings

Allan Milton

Oct 5, 2017
Hello folks,

I'm Allan from Melbourne. My partner I have visited Bali, mostly Ubud, numerous times for holidays since 1978. But we have never lived there. I'm a sculptor and he is a painter.
We are coming to Ubud next week for 2 weeks to look into the possibility of moving there in 2018 for a year or so. I've read some useful information already on your site including reading signs outside properties and looking at the Advertiser -thanks.
We are interested in finding out about the cost and availability of a good 2 bedroom place close to Ubud with pool. I understand that it's usual to have to pay for 6 or 12 months in advance and that naturally prices vary according to the standard of the accommodation.
We have arranged for real Estate agent Ray White to show us some examples but if anyone on the forum can suggest other avenues to find places I would be grateful. Also an informed price range guide from basic to good to great- would be very useful.

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
Welcome Allan. We would be happy to meet you in Ubud next week and chat. Ray White will likely show some long leases. It's not easy to compare the asking price of a 35 year lease with a similar property where freehold title is offered (to an Indonesian of course). Other factors are
* How many Km from central Ubud
* Access & parking, for car, or only motorbike, or neither
* Outlook, like to a ravine that can't be built on, or ricefields that can be built
* Land size, I feel comfortable at 5 or more are
Anyhow, will look forward to catching up