Flying Tomorrow :)

Nige

Dec 3, 2007
Lovina. North Bali
Hi Guys

Well the time has come. Doing my last bit of packing, then catching my plane to Tokoyo then to Singapore and arriving in Bali 21:30 on Wednesday after almost 23 hours in the air. I know it seems the long route but I have just finished a contract in Moscow, I spent Christmas and New Year in the UK. So as I’m out of work I want to save money and have millions of Air miles, so although I would use them. I had to buy a ticket from Singapore to Denpasar but it’s an Eticket so I’m a little worried having read on this forum about emigration sometimes needing to see a return ticket as I arriving on a tourist visa. I’m staying in Lovina in a nice little resort with just 2 bungalows and costing less than third the price it would cost to stay in England. I know from previous experience that daily living there will be a lot cheaper than UK so I’m hoping to stretch my money as far as it will go. I can check the work situation via the internet (I hope) and usually my interview are by phone, Bali seems to be as good a place as any to be out of work. Although I will be arriving in the middle of the rainy season I am sure the weather will still be better than either Moscow (Usually -25 in January) or UK. I am looking forward to meeting some of you, I’ve been lurking on this site for over six months and feel as if I know some of you already. I am expecting you guys to be my lifeline as I am sure I will be asking many questions over the next few months I’m under no illusion that living in Bali will be nothing like my previous holidays so I think I will need something to occupy me so I am hoping to get involved with a fellow expats business venture in starting up an elite diving experience, if nothing else it will occupy the lonely days.

I hope to see you soon for a beer or 3.

Nigel

patatje

Nov 30, 2004
belgium, semarang, bali.....
I think you will have to do some reading. For example you cannot work with a tourist visa. You can, but you are not allowed. I would not do it. Not even some 'voluntary work'. And arriving without a return ticket?
Hope everything goes well and have a good time.

Dyah

Dec 29, 2005
Hamburg, Germany
www.ikat-agentur.com
Hi Nige,
you lucky! Rainy season in Bali is much better as spring here! I was for 2 years ago on Februar in Bali ... and i love it, to find other fruits than i can find on my visit Bali on summer. I love rambutans, duku, ... all fruits on rainy seasons ...
Enjoy your stay in Bali and you "Bintangs"**********
-Dyah

Ilu

Jul 27, 2006
Norland Norway, Banjar Bali
Hi Nigel, lucky you. I usualy stays in Lovina in Jan, feb or mar. love the season. and the best is the weather is so much nicer in Bali than Norway in the winther. to bad this year we are not going until April.

Nige

Dec 3, 2007
Lovina. North Bali
OK
Now its 5 hours before my brother n law takes me to the airport, just said good bye to some friends, I don't think I will sleep now as I really want to sleep on at least one of the flights. Patatje I'm not sure how or what my pay status will be. I'm doing it out of interest, but I will ensure I stay within the rules. I have offshore companies and bank accounts, but be assured these guys are not cowboys. All will be above board. I have a return ticket but it is an E ticket so I only have an Email to prove it, the hotel I am in does not have a printer conected to their PC. Ilu I expect still to be around in April so the first round is on me!!!!!!!......... Dyah the fruits are the best way to good health, I need to detox after 3 years in Moscow. This time tomorrow I will not even be half way :( but next time you hear from me I'll be in the island of the gods :) Kisses

Ipanema

Aug 19, 2004
Nige

Etickets are fine. Go to a internet cafe with a printer attached and get a print out. They are everywhere. I am there in March but going to Sulawesi for the 10 days or so and hopefully will make it up to Lovina. If I do I will pm you.

Regards

BaliLife

Mar 27, 2007
i have a 1 way ticket in from singapore.. hopefully will not encounter an issue.. will advise if i do..

ct

BaliLife

Mar 27, 2007
:) not there yet mimp.. will be arriving on the 16th, but i should update my profile, as i might not be in jimbaran.. on the 16th for that week at least, i'll be in taman mumbul..

ct

BaliLife

Mar 27, 2007
flew in to indo tonight, on one way ticket but told em we had 'booking' on return ticket.. no further questions asked.. all good..

ct

orienta

Mar 11, 2008
Hye there, have you settled in? How was silent day for you?

Will be there early May if you are still around. Will have a beer with you too. Am from Malta and planning to retire there within the next few years (early retirement!!!).

Send an e mail on mariella@orienta.com.mt if you are still there and let me know how it goes.

Regards

Mariella

Nige

Dec 3, 2007
Lovina. North Bali
Hi Mariella

The whole thing was very interesting, the day before, a friend roasted a pig, so we had a feast and a few drinks, then we went to a small bar near the beach and got drunk waiting for oga oga, this is when the locals make several effigies then parades them around the village finally to burn them on the beach (Roy has posted more information on this forumn) the night continued in a local music bar. We got home just in time for curfew at 00.00. Nyepi day was spent watching TV in the bar of my hotel drinking a lot and playing cards and a BBQ. I didn’t leave my room for the whole of the next day as my body can only take so much drink. Fully recovered now :)
I'll send you an email with my contact info.

Nige