bellabali

Aug 8, 2012
Hi - I will looking to get a driver myself.
I have been told it should cost approx 1 million rp & petrol costs if I supply the car & 1.5 - 2 million rp if they have car + petrol.
Would that be about right? I havent employed anyone since I have been here - so how does it work re: wages, hours etc?
Any advice and insight offered would be appreciated.
Cheers Bella

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
It depends on so many things like location, hours of work etc. I would say that your figures are on the low side. If a driver has their own car, they can charge around 400-500,000 a day to tourists, of course they have to pay their gasoline and car maintenance out of this. At least from our experience it wasn't easy to find someone trustworthy.

bellabali

Aug 8, 2012
Thanks - will take that into consideration. If I had car & covered all maintenance, what would fair price to pay driver only and what kind of hours could I expect?
Cheers

davita

Mar 13, 2012
We have recently employed a driver in Bali. My wife says his contract is for 8 hours a day 6 days a week and she pays Rp 1 Juta a month plus a daily food allowance of Rp 35,000.
We have a very flexible arrangement and use him in the evenings often, which we add Rp 10,000 an hour, even if he has the afternoon free. If we need him on Sunday/Public holidays we add Rp 75,000 + daily allowance.

Hope this helps as we are comfortable with this driver. Perhaps others can chime in to see if contract is fair.