Can you help..

Gloria

Crisis Care Foundation is in desperate need of supplies to give to the poor in the North of Bali.Please, if you have any second hand clothing,sheets.towels and household equipment you no longer need could you contact us. We have so many people in need of help at present and the clothing bin is empty....doesn't matter if you feel that what you have is too old or shabby, please donate it to Crisis Care. We have many patients who have never owned a sheet or a towel,people who don't have even a mattress to lie down on, just the concrete floor of their meagre rooms...rooms built of bamboo and woven leaves. There is one family who have eight children in a humble shack on the beach without furniture of any kind, no beds, nothing to sleep on...very little clothing.I'm sorry, I know that this is no longer Crisis Care Forum, but at present I have no other way to appeal for your help but to use this forum (apologies to Bert) we are still struggling with customs to release our cargo from November last year and we are seriously depleted of medicine and items of clothing to give to those in need.We urgently need your help with anything you don't need anymore,no matter how small, please give a little something to this appeal. We are not asking for money, just anything you don't need in the way of clothes etc...bits of carpet, old mattresses...etc.... Until we get another web site/forum it is difficult for us to find people who care to offer anything of use to these innocent people. We can be contacted on [email protected] or by phone on 0362 42286 or h/p 08123774649....thank you in anticipation of your response....Gloria...

Dear Gloria,

I have been reading about your new foundation on this website and your work interests me a lot.

I have done a research on traditional medicine in Bali and focused mainly on Karangasem, Bali's most beautiful province in my eyes! I have also seen the poverty on this part of the Island.
I don't live in Bali (we do hope to do so in the future!), so I at this moment I can't give you any of my clothes and stuff.

I don't know if you already considered to make a small note and hang this on publication boards in popular travellers places (guesthouses, internet cafes and the populair restaurants or 'hang-outs'). It will take quiet some time, but if you ask tourist to take it with them and distribute it for you, it will safe a lot of time. I know that every time I travelled to Bali I always left towels and clothes (and money to Balinese friends) behind, to have space for the souvenirs. I suppose this counts for a lot of visitors on Bali.

Next time we are in Bali, I would like to visit your foundation and get to know you in person.
At this moment my husband (Sumatran), daughter (2 years) and me are still living in Holland. We hope to be able to return to live in Indonesia, but the crisis is not making this step easy for us. Specially know that we also have to take care of our little "anak Indo" besides our family back in Medan.

Good luck and lots of success to you!

Iris

Hello Iris

Thanks for replying. We have done what you suggest in the past but now there are so few tourists who wan't to come up to Lovina that we are not getting much in the way of donations.Some supporters in Belgium are sending medicine by post, and it IS getting through OK,so if anyone would like to send a small parcel please do so. Our address is Crisis Care Foundation, Dusun Lebah, Kaliasem, Lovina [email protected]...or just e-mail me to say hello if you feel inclined.. Another way is to put a small advertisement in your local paper, if anyone is coming to Bali, please bring an extra bag of giveaway clothing for us...we do have a couple of drop off points in the Kuta area if people don't want to make the trip here. However the Lovina area is beautiful and relaxing with good hotels at reasonable prices...it would be worth the trip...and we would be happy to show anyone around...The people need help desperately,and we would appreciate any help we can get...thank you for your interest...best wishes ...Gloria and the Crisis Care Team

Back