Biometric Passport Photos

Bizman

May 27, 2005
Ubud
Would anyone happen to know where in Bali I can get passport photos done that are up to the high standard of quality required for the new UK biometric passports? I need to renew mine but it seems the usual photos that you can get everywhere might not be good enough.

Appreciate any help.

Thorsten

Nov 30, 2002
Germany
Biometric passport photos sounds more than it actually is, it’s a frontal photo, you will look straight into the lens without smiling in front of a white background, the distance of the camera position is also important and your head should fit into a defined template.

To avoid some experiments and a waste of money and time, I would suggest, you simply ask at your British Consulate where to go, they will know it and probably a few steps from the Consulate you will find a photo shop, where they are used to make these photos.

Best regards
Thorsten

JPB

Jan 7, 2003
Perth WA
And it will 20 years at least to your facial structure - promise. Customs personnel all over the world will take one look at the photo and two looks at you - wondering who this young person is presenting this photo.
Dorien Grey in reverse.
Cheers

Thorsten

Nov 30, 2002
Germany
Good example tintin,

that’s the problem with these new passports, sometimes it’s a kind of annoying to prepare yourself before immigration will wave you through.
Last year I got my first biometric passport in Hong Kong, thank God I got a new one this year, it was simply too exhausting with this Hong Kong passport.
The photo for the passport last year was taken 9:00am in the morning, to make myself recognisable compared to the passport pic, always excessive drinking was needed (binge tour ended at 6:00am) and then always these comments and suspicious glances at the airport (quote: you have been drinking early in the morning!), but what can you do with an image in your passport, where not even my own mother could recognise me anymore?
I was not a terrorist – never, although my liver would have a different opinion.

Best regards
Thorsten :oops: