Bars and restaurants

rien.gluvers

Jun 26, 2004
The Netherlands near Rotterdam
I would like to know if there are any bars and restaurants that really aim at one specific nationality, like dutch, english or scandinavian with the typical food and drinks for those country's. A friend of mine is thinking of starting a dutch hang-out in Sanur, because people told him there ar a lot of dutch expats and tourists in that area.

Tracey

Mar 26, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
There is a German aimed place in Kuta/Legian, many Italian places & I'd also say Japanese, Australian, Mexican, French...
So yeah there possibly is a Dutch oriented establishment too?
Not sure about Sanur 'the concrete jungle'?

Tracey

Mar 26, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
Entirely my opinion, but I prefer to see lush greenery, not from inside concrete walls!
I have never stayed in Sanur as it's just not my cup of tea. I knopw my hubby's village is in Tuban & it's extremely busy & Western, but we don'[t stay there all the time, we love to get out, go to Tianyar, Bangli, Lovina, Amed just travel around find a small family run homestay & just laze around for a couple of days & move again...
To me you see the Big Concrete walls of Top end Hotels, sure inside those walls it's gorgeous with massively cared for & lush green gardens, but the walls just wreck it for me...
Too Cosmopolitan!
Ghost Town or not Terry, the walls are still there!?

My opinion & that's it.... Everyone sees things differently & that's what makes the world spin!

rien.gluvers

Jun 26, 2004
The Netherlands near Rotterdam
Ok Terry. I inderstand your meaning. But for a spoiled europeaan and his wive the comfort of a good hotel combined with good restaurants and nice shop tips the scale. Maybe the next time we are on bali we will stay somewhere else. During our last visit we were in Lovina and it didn't appeal to us that much.