spicyayam

There was an intreesting article today in the article today on tourism in Lombok.

I have read most of the things in the article before, but I didn't know about the problem with land certificates there:

Frustrated investors are complaining Lombok's Land Office has stopped issuing land certificates. Attributing the problem to torpid bureaucracy, Lupton says: "No one will build until they get land titles, it's a no-brainer. Investors who bought land in Kuta in the past two years have not been issued with land certificates.

" It should be a three-month process; it is the No. 1 factor inhibiting growth. I know of at least 100 investors who can't move on their properties."

It is also nice to see that they are taking some time to consider planning of tourist development on the island.

"Bali is our source of inspiration," tourism boss Ariadi says. "There are plenty of positive and negative things we can learn from [Bali]. We will try to minimise the negatives, such as traffic and overcrowding problems. Lombok is still quiet. Hopefully the future in Lombok will not be like Bali now."

You can read the full article here.

But with the new airport expected to generate up to 2.4 million visits, residents wonder where the extra visitors will stay.
I can think of one place :icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen:

Back