Again a deleting Fool

Bert Vierstra

Nov 5, 2002
Homeless
Someone found out that the posts he wrote are visible on the internet (by means of Google) :shock:

And he thought that wasn't such a good idea, so he deleted some of his messages.

Again the delete option has been misused

:evil:

tracyinaz

Oct 1, 2006
Phoenix Arizona
I don't get it. Why would deleting your messages be a bad thing? I suspect there are times when people write things and then later wish they hadn't. That would make deleting understandable, wouldn't it? Maybe I am missing something? Is there a rule? Please don't misunderstand me, I am not being sarcastic, just confused.

FreoGirl

Dec 21, 2004
Fremantle, Australia
Hi Tracy
I think it is mainly when there is a string of postings within a topic, if someone delete's their posts within that string, the string no longer makes much sense as others are commenting on stuff you can't see anymore. If that makes sense!
Karen

FreoGirl

Dec 21, 2004
Fremantle, Australia
Re: RE: Again a deleting Fool

swisshawaiian said:
Furthermore I also think that members would think more before posting & especially making claims etc. (if deleting is not allowed).

I agree with that too. As I said to Bert when he took away the deleting option, you doesn't get to 'take back' what you say in a verbal conversation, so why should you be able to do so in a virtual conversation?
It makes people think before they send.

jos

Aug 28, 2006
Netherlands
He guys, I was the deleting fool.....hit me......

I did this because I do not want any of my family, relatives and my employees to know YET that we have plans to move to Bali in a couple of years from now.

So, when I just typed in my own name on Google, I could find these privat information right away on this forum, for EVERYBODY to see!!!

I wonder how many forum members would like the idea that everybody can read there writings on this or other forums :?: :?:

Personally I think that Bert was overreacting a little to much by calling me a fool. He know I now write under a different name, but did not appolagize untill today (4-5 month later)

This people from Arizona had it right. Wy not delete when you not even regret what you are writing but just do it because for the reason I explained here.

Any thing new and exciting on Bali in the last couple of month....?

Kind regards to Roy and Sanurian and Bert (off course)! :D

Jos

Kind regards

Bert Vierstra

Nov 5, 2002
Homeless
Yes my friend, this forum is a public forum. The whole idea behind it is that people all over the world can read and find the information here.

And if you make this information unreadable by deleting your posts, well, I call that foolish.

orang gila

Jul 6, 2006
Bali
Re: RE: Again a deleting Fool

jos said:
So, when I just typed in my own name on Google, I could find these privat information right away on this forum, for EVERYBODY to see!!!

I wonder how many forum members would like the idea that everybody can read there writings on this or other forums

:shock: I woulda thought that it was kinda obvious.

mimpimanis

Nov 4, 2003
Kuta, Lombok
www.mimpimanis.com
Someone I work with but have never met (they are based in the company's northern office) said they googled my name & found me all over the internet! Not suprising really considering the forums I belong to :lol:

FreoGirl

Dec 21, 2004
Fremantle, Australia
Was that google under Mimpimanis or THAT MIMPI WOMAN. :lol: :lol:

I was disappointed to see some usurper has pinched my nick and uses it on ebay when I googled freogirl. Interesting when I googled my actual name (I have a less usual surname) and there's several of me in the world, and one in a similar profession! Well I found it interesting. No-one else would I s'pose. :roll: :roll:

mimpimanis

Nov 4, 2003
Kuta, Lombok
www.mimpimanis.com
Work dont know my alias they googled my real name Gemma Marjaya. WOUld have got a lot more hits still if they had used my maiden name Smith!

Yes, I couldnt get Mimpi Manis in EBay either & there seem to be heaps of MM on MSN!

Have to say I hope THAT MIMPI WOMAN doesnt stick ;-)