211 visa

johndaniel

May 17, 2007
Bali
I have been told that you can get a 2 month 211 visa in Melbourne without a sponsor or introduction letter, and that this visa can be extended for up to 6 months once u arrive here and get a sponsor. Is this true? I used to get a 211 using a sponsorship letter.

Bert Vierstra

Nov 5, 2002
Homeless
It don't think that is true.

Normally you get a 421 (Social Visa) and it's valid for 2 months, and it can be extended up to 6 months, in Bali....

and welcome to the forum!

G

Selamat datang!

I have been told that you can get a 2 month 211 visa in Melbourne without a sponsor or introduction letter, and that this visa can be extended for up to 6 months once u arrive here and get a sponsor. Is this true?

No. You can get a 60 day tourist visa.

In the past they have refused to accept applications for the 60 day tourist visa if you are staying 30 days or less in which case you have to queue for the Visa on Arrival.

Sanurian

Sep 28, 2004
Sanur
johndaniel

It's never been easy to get accurate information about Indonesian visas. Different foreign posts often give conflicting advice. It's like the right-hand doesn't know what the left-hand is doing.

A Social Visa used to give you 2 months upon arrival in Indonesia and you could extend 4 more times for a total stay of 6 months.

I just read the following from an Indonesia site in Switzerland:

...REGULATION CONCERNING NEW TYPE AND INDEX OF VISA
The Indonesian Immigration Authority has issued Director General for
Immigration Regulation No. F-434.IZ.01.10 Year 2006 concerning Form,
Size, Type and Index as Well as Application of Visa. The New Regulation
entered into force on 24 April 2006, and officially replaces the Director
General for Immigration Guidelines No. F-306.IZ.01.10 Year 1995...

The 211 visa is supposedly for:

...Single Visit Visa with Index 211. This visa is available for a single visit only and valid for a maximum period 60 days, except in accordance with authorization from Immigration Authority in Indonesia...

What this doesn't make clear is whether you can extend it 4 more times after you're in Indonesia (like you could before, with the "old" Social Visa).

From past personal experiences, I always found the Melbourne Indonesian officials to be friendly, helpful, polite and on the ball. I hope that hasn't changed. If I were you, I'd ask them to clarify the current situation.

Good luck. And let us know what you find out.

8)

wepro

Nov 8, 2005
Canggu
Yes Bert, #421 before for social visa

Actual:
Social visa B 211 for 60 days, extension possible
Social (?) visa B 411 for 60 days, extension n o t possible

Regards

Werner