Let’s admit it. We all love to eat – not just out of basic need but also to be able to taste new food and to try different cuisines from different countries. Many people travel for food. They want to try everything from local and street food to fine dining specialties. It’s one way of experiencing the history and the culture of a place right on your plate.
- It’s no exemption when you are in Portugal. The food scene in this European country is something that you don’t want to miss out on. Here we have listed some of the bestfood tours Porto that you can choose from.
- Porto Food and Wine Tasting Tour – This three-hour tasting frenzy of Porto’s food and wine is a great way to learn about the history of Portuguese cuisine. Their regional classic bolinho de bacalhau could take you back in time. Experience being a local while walking the streets of the best neighborhood of Ribeira District. With interesting facts about the place and local food from your tour guide, you will surely enjoy the richness of Portugal.
- Wine Venture & Sailing in Douro Valley – This tour is hosted by Ricardo and Bruno, who studied hospitality management in the USA to be able to provide the best service for their beloved guests in their homeland in Northern Portugal. You will be taken on a day trip to the Douro Valley and see the most incredible vineyards on the hillsides of this beautiful valley. This will be followed by a visit to a local winery for some Duori and Moscatel wine tasting during a traditional Portuguese lunch.
- Porto-licious! A Family-Friendly Food Tour – This tour is designed for family trips. You and your kids will enjoy eating your way through the city and discover the local eateries and places to hang out. They offer personalized tours that will benefit every family member. In this food tour, you will discover how the local pasteis de nata is made and you can taste its goodness fresh from the oven. You will be guided by a friendly local who will show you around and give you the best food tour experience your family will enjoy.
- Around the Table with Portuguese Food – Your food-lover and theater-producer host Hélder will be opening his house for guests who would want to try authentic Portuguese cooking. He shares his kitchen to everyone who wants to learn Portuguese cuisine history and stories that he loves to share around his table. You will be able to try cooking using Portugal’s local ingredients and seasoning. Then, at dinner, you can try the wine on a terrace overlooking the Douro River. The menu is based on the availability of the ingredients in their small farm and whatever is in season. Try this extraordinary experience of being in a house that allows you to enjoy culture, food, wine, and friends in Portugal.
- Porto Delicious Food Walk Tour – Get a Porto culinary treat while walking the streets of its old town starting with a nice cup of coffee and the cinnamon pastel de nata. Experience cheese and sausages the old-fashioned way in a 100-year-old shop. Then, have lunch at Leandro Café and try their bolinhos de bacalhau. Finally, try three types of port in the best bar in town. This guided food tour will give you a deep understanding of the cultural heritage and the people of Portugal.
Whether you are in Europe for a grand vacation or you are planning your destination wedding and scouting for a wedding planner Portugal, food tasting should be on top of your list. The quote “to travel is to eat” explains it all. So, get your passports ready and plan your next trip to somewhere new and “delicious.” Whether it’s in Portugal, Bali, Greece, or the Philippines – wherever you go – don’t miss out on tasting their food and get on a food tour like the famous food tours in Porto.