Young Balinese Man wanting to expand his Horizons

RossM

Jan 19, 2022
If the
And ain't that the truth. Our illustrious Govt will be re instating the excise on fuel at the end of the month.
Reckon $2.30 a litre is going to be normal soon and as we all tend to use our cars a lot it will cause some pain.
Not to mention the rising interest rates.
Typical RBA , late to the party and way too much too quick...

Cheers
Grumpy Ken
If the RBA had been early to the party, and started increasing interest rates a year ago, and was at the same position now, you'd have been worse off.

The fuel excise is one way of rasing money by the government. If it doesn't come from fuel excise, it has to be raised another way. One way or another, we're no better, or worse, off. The government/tax office always wins, and we always lose.

RossM

Jan 19, 2022
An a
I need your sage advice and perhaps a bit of "hands on" too for a good Balinese person.

I have a very good friend here (Managing Director of a local resort hotel with large western restaurant in Candi Dasa) whose 22 year old son will be coming back from a year work/study in Miami Florida working for a big hotel there. He will be back in November and then completing his F/B Tourism Bachelor's Degree on December 3rd. He then would like to come work/study in Australia in F/B with emphasis on wine/bar/barista (he'd also like to earn some good dosh too, natch)

Need info on best places and visa availability too please.

What do you suggest?
A Balinese acquaintance from the place I stay in Ubud is currently working in Australia, along with what sounds like a large number of young Balinese. He said it took a 'long time' to get a visa, but he's now in Sydney, working in a restaurant. It's a one year working visa, non renewable, and from what he says, a 'lot of friends' are doing the same thing, so there must be quite a demand.

Reactions: Markit

PERtoDPS

Dec 31, 2018
An a

A Balinese acquaintance from the place I stay in Ubud is currently working in Australia, along with what sounds like a large number of young Balinese. He said it took a 'long time' to get a visa, but he's now in Sydney, working in a restaurant. It's a one year working visa, non renewable, and from what he says, a 'lot of friends' are doing the same thing, so there must be quite a demand.
I've spent most of my years in Australia living in WA and I've spent almost the last year in NSW. I am starting to get the impression immigration in NSW is more relaxed. I'm also aware more shady for payment stuff goes on here and there was an article on 60 minutes recentley about dodgey visa agents actually:

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I've spent most of my years in Australia living in WA and I've spent almost the last year in NSW. I am starting to get the impression immigration in NSW is more relaxed. I'm also aware more shady for payment stuff goes on here and there was an article on 60 minutes recentley about dodgey visa agents actually:
One can only hope that all people of Asian heritage will not be painted with the same brush as shown in your report. Nevertheless I struggle to understand why Oz (pop 25 million), a country the size of the United States (pop. 300million), acts like access to the country should be treated as if it was already full to overflowing.

I wouldn't go there if you paid me. I get a news feed from the Mars Rover - small dust buster rolling around taking pictures - and I have a mate doing a circle of Oz now on day 42.

I mix the pictures up all the time.

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
...... Nevertheless I struggle to understand why Oz (pop 25 million), a country the size of the United States (pop. 300million), acts like access to the country should be treated as if it was already full to overflowing.....
Australia is about 80 percent the size of the United States and only 30 percent of Australia is habitable. The cities where most people want to live are full to overflowing.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Australia is about 80 percent the size of the United States and only 30 percent of Australia is habitable. The cities where most people want to live are full to overflowing.
Here's an idea: take a lump, say about the size of Denmark, and say to all the migrants of the world that want to come live there you'll build them shacks to live in and supply them with water.

Bet you'll have half of west Africa there by tomorrow.

All of the middle east (Syria/Iran/Yemen/etc) by the day after.

And all the woke idiots of the world telling you have inhumane it all is.

Throw in a couple of doctors and teachers and you have full employment and the wokes STFU.

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
Here's an idea: take a lump, say about the size of Denmark, and say to all the migrants of the world that want to come live there you'll build them shacks to live in and supply them with water.

Bet you'll have half of west Africa there by tomorrow.

All of the middle east (Syria/Iran/Yemen/etc) by the day after.

And all the woke idiots of the world telling you have inhumane it all is.

Throw in a couple of doctors and teachers and you have full employment and the wokes STFU.
I guess that's what Australia is trying to avoid.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I guess that's what Australia is trying to avoid.
But why? It's the most God-awful land on the planet EXCEPT for the places I listed.

AND they'd probably not have their own government trying to kill them too. Win-win.

Hell, bet they'd eat all them toads/camels/rabbits and dingoes you lot always complain about.

Foamcrest

Jun 11, 2016
I have often tried to imagine why the people of America would elect a man such Trump as it’s President. Having just read Markit‘s totally illiterate comments about Australia and immigration I now have the answer.

• Haha
Reactions: matsaleh

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I have often tried to imagine why the people of America would elect a man such Trump as it’s President. Having just read Markit‘s totally illiterate comments about Australia and immigration I now have the answer.
Being English by birth my "totally illiterate comments" are at least coached in the best King's English as opposed to your nasal, stuttering attempt at same.

Good Day Old Chum.