YPDN

Jul 30, 2016
It appears to be in the vicinity of the Bali International Flight Academy.

Margarana would be considered as 'remote', for sure. Once there, you'd be part of a captive audience.

Attachments

• Banjuwedang.jpg
    Banjuwedang.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 31

tel522

Oct 30, 2015
strange , is it true ?

we see so many plans on this island , very few come to fruition , bloody long drive to the supposed location from the airport !

Last edited:

tel522

Oct 30, 2015
I think we will see the new airport after they build the bridge to java and the bali railway etc etc

YPDN

Jul 30, 2016
tel522 (post #5), your guess is as good as anyone's on the timing of Kubutambahan. Remember the latest was the Canadians proposing to build it into the Bali Sea? ha ha What a hoot that was to read. That stretch of water links the Pacific Ocean to the Indian Ocean. Imagine the volume of water that moves from East to West and back again regularly. Given there is movement of huge volumes of salt water (more corrosive than fresh water, IMO), plonk an airfield in the way and brother you are asking for trouble, Indon style. Then there's the winds. Try bringing an Airbus, etc, in with a good sized crosswind and sea water on both sides. K/bahan is approx 90 mins to Seririt and add another 30 minutes to get to Patriq. Ngurah Rai to Patriq's would be at least 3.5 hours travel unless you are on a Ducati.
The bridge to Java sounds a much better thing to do at the moment. Each time I pass thru Ngurah Rai I look around and there's so much available space that you could play football in the Arrivals area.
A railway on Bali is puzzling to me. How will they do that? Up the west coast? Then maybe along the top to Singaraja? The space for this type of infrastructural development should have been put in place 50-60 years ago. Could have rented the land out to crop farmers, etc, in the interim and received revenue to send the kids to school.

Last edited:

SamD

Sep 7, 2006
Seminyak
I just googled 'Grand Master Patriq'. I tried 'Wanker in a White Suit' first, but it didn't return anything relevant.

Nydave

Jun 4, 2015
This is all pie in the sky,The new airport,The bridge,The railway,This new complex somewhere in the wilderness, and the list goes on and on,Back in 2012 I read that they were building a motor racing track in Bali, The Australian super 8 or V8 or whatever its called ( great racing series )even agreed to add it to their calander,first race was scheduled to be in 2015,they even talked about hosting moto gp there,And possibly even applying to get f1 to come,But guess what this is 2016 and there is still no Bali race track and has never been mentioned again since the 2012 article I read, just another one to add to the list of things planned that will never happen,

As of July this year the Jakarta to Bandung fast train project which started back in January still hasn`t required all the land or indeed the money to continue with the project,with this in mind I see very little chance of any of the Bali projects even getting off the ground,

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Great Vid! Haven't laughed so hard since the last time I was at a Independence Day celebration this morning.

After Grand Master Patriq shook hands with every sycophantic fool in the room that were clearly all paid to be there for the video and the "singing" had stopped (anyone know where I can pick up a cd?) and GMP had magnanimously turned down the offer of a micro phone he proceeded to share at great length his mighty thoughts with about no one through his non-functioning bluetooth mic, wonderful!