Wich visa is required?

rien.gluvers

Jun 26, 2004
The Netherlands near Rotterdam
In Java Post there was the following article:
Di lain kasus, pihak Imigrasi Ngurah Rai, Senin kemarin telah mendeportasi dua warga Belgia. Mereka adalah Eddy Femalen,44 dan Nadine Delestine, 38. Kedua orang ini dinyatakan telah melanggar UU 9/1992 pasal 50. Yaitu penyalahgunaan izin tinggal. Artinya, paspor yang dimiliki ternyata hanya paspor wisata. Sedang mereka ternyata telah membeli tanah dan mendirikan Villa Alepan di Kerobokan, Badung. "Vila bahkan telah disewakan dan diperjualbelikan," ungkap Suyud. Mereka dideportasi Senin kemarin pukul 13.00 dengan pesawat Air Asia via Kuala Lumpur
If I am informed correctly this tells about 2 people that were deported because of the wrong visa. For building an renting out a villa tourist visa are not the right ones. But can any of you tell me which visa are?
The embassy in Holland says that for a business visa you need:
- An invitation letter from a registered company in Indonesia.
- A letter of reference from a registered company your home country
In this case I can't imagine how those people could get these papers.

Bert Vierstra

Nov 5, 2002
Homeless
IMHO

If you run a business IN Bali and own the business or work as an employee for that business, you need to have a Kitas and working permit, and ofcourse the business itself must have the proper permits as well.

It is not strange that the government is doing something about the (obviously) many private villas that are unlicensed and don't pay tax.

I doubt if deporting people is such a good idea, but I can't tell from a newspaper clipping what has been going on here.

The government is giving solutions that could be benificial for both:

http://www.balidiscovery.com/messages/m ... sp?Id=3034