Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I'm often asked this question and the usual answers are already well known (culture, nature, rice fields, dance, weather, etc) but I thought I'd attempt to show it from a different perspective, that of a 61 year old, balding, running quickly to fat, non-smoking, beer guzzling, motor scooter travel fan, woman loving man. My experience of this morning is not a one - off or even that rare so perhaps others can explain it better but here goes - why I love Bali:

Was looking this morning to have my belly bag repaired with a new zipper and some minor sewing so stopped in at a seamstress shop that I've been passed a hundred time. The 2 youngish women inside both came up to me and I explained what I wanted and the more buxom of the 2 hefts the bag (still attached to me) and runs her hand lovingly over the big boy underneath and then gives him a squeeze and at the same time with her other hand gives my pert man-boob a playful squeeze.

Her friend then points out that buxom squeezer is not married. After recovering my aplomb I jokingly said I'd like both of them whereupon I'm confronted with much laughing and pointed looks towards each other and me. I said then again "2" and madam buxom said "ratus" laughing to beet the band with friend joining in too. I felt that money (unusually) was not really the issue here but more of (im)moral justification.

Before this devolved into a real Kabaya ripper a new lady customer comes into the shop wearing one of those brown teacher uniforms but sporting a magnificent behind that would have made Grace Jones envious. So then first madam sees where I'm looking and points out she (bottom magnifique) is also not married. Bottom seems also up for it so we are now looking at a 4some.

At this point I'm beginning to feel a little out numbered but at the same time you never want to pass up an opportunity now do you?

What to do?

Drawing on past experience I staked my claim and took names saying I would be back. Of course the belly bag has been completely forgotten.

This happens to me all the time. Is it just me?

PS I'm really not bragging, it's just daily life in Bali, at least for me.

JohnnyCool

Jan 10, 2009
Sanur
..What to do?....
Grow up (more) and seek medical help as well.

...PS I'm really not bragging, it's just daily life in Bali, at least for me.
Stay indoors - your infection might spread (unlikely, but you never know).

I think you've well and truly gone troppo. (Old technical term for worse to come.)

:icon_eek:

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Clearly it is a unique experience and maybe I'll start being just a little proud of it then, after all :abnormal:

Today ran into a young woman in Hardys when I turned around to check her out, she was doing the same. Big smile of mutual appreciation and I didn't even have my wallet in my back pocket....

I would suggest that you have to be open for the experience. If you aren't paying attention you might not notice it happening. Try it!

Except for Geedee, you'll just get arrested for loitering