spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Trump as a president is a scary thought. The other candidates aren't much better.

I was watching them speak and all they talk about is how they are ranking in the polls, with a final "I will make America great again".

Bernie Sanders is the only one I heard talking about anything of substance and actually spoke what he thought on various issues. I doubt he will win though.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
The more the Republicans keep yapping about how to make America great again the closer Hillary Clinton is getting to her other side of the White House bed...in fact she'll probably sleep in the middle with Bill on the sofa.....or a downtown motel...:icon_e_biggrin:

P

paulseawind

The more the Republicans keep yapping about how to make America great again the closer Hillary Clinton is getting to her other side of the White House bed...in fact she'll probably sleep in the middle with Bill on the sofa.....or a downtown motel...:icon_e_biggrin:

My 2c worth says whatever happens, America will still be America.
A fabulous country that leads the way in so many things.

Don't forget gentlemen that there hundreds/thousands of people behind these front line scenes that do the bidding of the will of Prosperity.
It (kind of) doesn't really matter which wig is the Prez, as we've seen with Obama, who is probably the most hated US President of all time.

But I tend to agree with Trump-wary folks. I wouldn't vote for him at all. I'd rather pay a fine for not voting (if there is one) than give him a turn in the White House.
Trump should bugger off and go back to building hotels and whatever else he does. He has no business in running for the W/House.

Funnily, we haven't heard from Buffett, Gates, Icahn, Cook, etc on all this.

Rangi

May 23, 2011
Legian
franklin-d-roosevelt-presidents-are-selected-not-elected.jpg

The outcome has already been planned. Who ever is going to be selected already knows they have been. Makes no difference who has already been selected. They will just serve as puppets for the puppet masters.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Bernie would be a nice change but like Jimmy Carter before him probably completely ineffective.

The US gov is a lot more like the parliamentary system then they want us to believe - it takes a consensus to put through any changes, so the president is largely powerless and pointless.

I'm waiting for a benevolent Artificial Intelligence (AI) to run the shop - screw people, they are all ****-ups.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
I was with some gay friends in Seattle. I said now America has a black President and it's likely the next will be a woman...what will you guys do when it's your turn..
"Redecorate the White House" was their response "We cannot stand those curtains!"

I'd vote for that.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Now the Trump has trumped Fox News (the Republican's mouthpiece) by telling them he will not attend the next debate before the Iowa Primary vote.
He says he is too far ahead in the polls to be bothered to debate with the other contenders....I only hope ALL Republicans appreciate this 'unhinged' guy might just get their vote in Iowa on 1st Feb.

Last edited:

geedee

Feb 1, 2014
Sydney
Now the Trump has trumped Fox News (the Republican's mouthpiece) by telling them he will not attend the next debate before the Iowa Primary vote.
He says he is too far ahead in the polls to be bothered to debate with the other contenders....I only hope ALL Republicans appreciate this 'unhinged' guy might just get their vote in Iowa on 1st Feb.

Do you still follow your fathers type of politics which the vast majority of scottish do?

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Do you still follow your fathers type of politics which the vast majority of scottish do?

On the contrary...my dad was a trade union leader and a card carrying member of the Scottish Communist Party.

geedee

Feb 1, 2014
Sydney
On the contrary...my dad was a trade union leader and a card carrying member of the Scottish Communist Party.

He was one of many.It was a sign of the times these organisers worked hard
Where i lived we had 2 communist Councillors Jimmy Reid was one before he went to Labour.
So you have the complete opposite views?

davita

Mar 13, 2012
He was one of many.It was a sign of the times these organisers worked hard
Where i lived we had 2 communist Councillors Jimmy Reid was one before he went to Labour.
So you have the complete opposite views?

I have never belonged to any Political Party nor Trade Union....exception....in Canada, after retirement, I was bored and twice did a part-time summer job for a couple of months driving Hertz rental cars between the airport and their maintenace/cleaning/storage depot. It was mandatory to join the Union and they took my subscription although I noted they didn't provide any service/support until being a member for 90 days.

Ideologically......I believe in social capitalism.....with a small 'c'.

Have a read of my blog 'My Dad'.

Last edited:

davita

Mar 13, 2012
It will become an interesting race if Michael Bloomberg runs as an Independant and the Republicans didn't vote for Trump and he chose to run as an Independant himself....this would create a unique American upheaval of their political system.

tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA
It will become an interesting race if Michael Bloomberg runs as an Independant and the Republicans didn't vote for Trump and he chose to run as an Independant himself....this would create a unique American upheaval of their political system.

The Republican Klown Kar, as it is called here, is unbelievable for its mediocrity, certainly unworthy of a supposedly leading nation! If that's all they can propose, that pretty sad...A run by Bloomberg or Trump as independents would guaranty an overwhelming Democrat victory by Hillary (if she's not indicted before the elections), but certainly by Bernie, who even if Trump remains the Republican candidate, as it stands now, would trounce him baddly.

geedee

Feb 1, 2014
Sydney
The Republican Klown Kar, as it is called here, is unbelievable for its mediocrity, certainly unworthy of a supposedly leading nation! If that's all they can propose, that pretty sad...A run by Bloomberg or Trump as independents would guaranty an overwhelming Democrat victory by Hillary (if she's not indicted before the elections), but certainly by Bernie, who even if Trump remains the Republican candidate, as it stands now, would trounce him baddly.

I feel its sad thing that the richest,most powerful country in the world is lacking in healthcare and the ease of acquiring powerful guns is amazing.
Surely its a measure of a countries greatness , how its less well off citizens are treated.
The power that the rich gun and healthcare lobby have is looked upon by wonder in other civilised countries.

Hopefully Trump wont be elected but you guys did elect Bush and Reagan and and a lot of your people say Obama is the worst president ever.
Beats me that most of the world like Obama and cant believe trump is leading??
With all of its faults thank goodness I live here

geedee

Feb 1, 2014
Sydney
I have never belonged to any Political Party nor Trade Union....exception....in Canada, after retirement, I was bored and twice did a part-time summer job for a couple of months driving Hertz rental cars between the airport and their maintenace/cleaning/storage depot. It was mandatory to join the Union and they took my subscription although I noted they didn't provide any service/support until being a member for 90 days.

Ideologically......I believe in social capitalism.....with a small 'c'.

Have a read of my blog 'My Dad'.

Just did, Thats the way it was then brought back memories of stewed tea

geedee

Feb 1, 2014
Sydney

Its getting very very scary now with Donald Trump what a massive victory in Nevada
Make you wonder even more about the common sense of Americans(no offense to you or Markit)
This guy says anything he wants and they still vote for him.
Can Hilary really trounce him if she beats Bernie (my favourite)?

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Please people don't be as stupid as my countrymen are and believe for one minute that what the Donald says has anything at all to do with what he thinks or how he will act if he gets that job.

The only thing scary about Donald T is that we actually have no clue what will happen - bad or good if he wins. I've got 20 kilos of popcorn, several cases of ice cold binny and I'm hoping for a decent internet connection to be able to sit back and watch (from a distance) what happens.

Let the Games Begin!!!

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
franklin-d-roosevelt-presidents-are-selected-not-elected.jpg

The outcome has already been planned. Who ever is going to be selected already knows they have been. Makes no difference who has already been selected. They will just serve as puppets for the puppet masters.
Wow Captain Rangi does this really mean all this stuff about UFOS and all them other aliens is gonna take over?

hecta

Sep 22, 2013
America, the "Sodom" of the modern era! Putin must be rubbing his hands together that such a retard as Trump could be his new adversary in World Politics.:icon_e_surprised: