Which Visa

G

I am wondering if someone could please bring me up to speed on which is the best visa arrangement for me. I am an Ausssie intending to live in Bali (in a Balinese friends private residence) for approx 6 months. Initiallly I figured it would be easiest to get a 60 day tourist visa, then at the end of 60 days travel to KL or SNG and apply for another 60 day tourist visa. Someone advised me that I can get a 6 month social visa and stay 60 days, with 30 day extensions (up to 6 months) without leaving Bali. Is this still current and cost effective compared to travelling to KL etc. ??
- Jeffrey

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
Yes, the advice you already have is excellent, and far more cost effective, IF you are sure of a 6 month stay. Search under visa on this forum and be sure to check out the upper right link, "VISA Indonesia."

Sanurian

Sep 28, 2004
Sanur
You should get your social visa before you arrive in Indonesia. That gives you 60 days here.

One week before that expires, you can apply for a month's extension (and so on for the next three). They cost around Rp400,000 each time (the "official" price is less than that but you're likely to get pushed around too much until you crack - not for the faint-hearted).

Agents charge much more, even the "good" ones. Then again, the extra you pay means you don't have to front-up to the Immigration office.

Getting the SB (Sosial Budaya visa) is cheaper than having to fly out of the country. Definitely the way to go if you have an Indonesian/Balinese friend willing to be your "sponsor".
:lol:

G

Thanks for the advice guys, just one more question though. If I need to leave Bali before the end of the 6 months, do I forfeit the balance of the visa or can I re-enter on the same visa within the the 6 month validity?
- Jeffrey