I'm getting sketchy to zero internet speed with my Indostat ISP pulsa card. The mobile broadband modem that is supplied here at the place I'm staying is a 4G unit. It says I'm getting 4 bars which ought to be loading webpages at the very least...but it's been hell on a stick for a week.
I'm only able to get reliable internet by using my personal hotspot over my phone using Telcomsel as my provider.
I am in the Ubud area and will be here for the next 4 1/2 months so really need to get this sorted.
Would be real happy to hear advice from some of you as to which pulsa card provider is better....?
Also, would I be better off getting a usb modem? Which one and which provider?
Thank you one and all!
Other that the sucky internet, life is wonderful here in Ubud!

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Once you've read all this you will know everything and understand less, I'm afraid that's the lot of us Internutties on Bali.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Buy a modem that is not locked to a provider and then try each of the major providers. Ask the people around you what they recommend, one provider may work better than another.

Bwhahaha! You got that right! I had already read all ten pages of posts before I asked my question for that very reason! (Understanding less!)
Oh well, I will just go to the shop and try new cards with different providers till I find something that works!

Once you've read all this you will know everything and understand less, I'm afraid that's the lot of us Internutties on Bali.

Last edited by a moderator:

modelt1826

Apr 25, 2010
Wilverhampton UK
My suggestion is buy an open mifi you already know your telekosel already works in the area so buy a data sim only put it in the mifi and you should be fine.