Teabag

May 23, 2013
Hi folks

Assuming, that you do not leave the island by accident and that you’re not eaten by a lion (with four legs), where will you spend the very last 2 month of your life?

Sure Bali is a wonderful place to stay and live, but when life becomes more and more a burden, when you’re not able to join the activities, having difficulties or are to week to walk, are you going back to your home country, where the medical and palliative service is may be better?

I know, it’s a silly question, we are all still young, beautiful, full of energy and so on, but one day, everyone has to deal with that sort of thing….

I’m not in that situation, even not yet living in Bali, but I could imagine that at the end of the party (life) I would go back to my home country to start the very last travel…

What about you ?

Regards
Teabag

Joe Writeson

Jul 30, 2013
Indonesia
Logistics...if you are knock knock knockin on heaven's door and actually look it...no airline will accept you...going by boat would present all sorts of problems, prohibitive costs, can you get into a lifeboat, can you climb stairs...not many other means of international transport....Nahhh with two months left on the clock you need to plan your demise carefully...

Having been close enough to death to smell the coffee at the Hades branch of Starbucks I have given the matter quite a bit of thought and if the Grim Reaper gives me a bit of warning, I'm heading for Bondowoso in East Java where we have our family home, a house that I built on land my children own in amongst people I love...and who tolerate me...

Also heard too many horror stories regarding going tits up on Bali and the coroner insisting on a ten million Rupiah autopsy...

Last edited:
Reactions: Foamcrest

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I was thinking of coming and going at the same time. There's bound to be really nice red light establishment that will be able to cater to my final deviations.

I'm in training now.

Reactions: Foamcrest

Teabag

May 23, 2013
Logistics...if you are knock knock knockin on heaven's door and actually look it...no airline will accept you...going by boat would present all sorts of problems, prohibitive costs, can you get into a lifeboat, can you climb stairs...not many other means of international transport....Nahhh with two months left on the clock you need to plan your demise carefully...

Joe

interesting point... LOGISTICS... did not think about, that the last days on the clock are maybee not so planable like the rest of the life.

Well see.

Joe Writeson

Jul 30, 2013
Indonesia
@ Teabag ...I got a 'Yellow Card' nearly four years ago now and it does make you think about heading off to the last gig...

Markit is for def thinking in the right direction...a Rub and Tug then hello St Peter ...where's the bar?

samsiam

Feb 2, 2014
Save your bicky's now so you have round the clock dual naughty nurses for that last 2 months....rent a spectacular villa overlooking the ocean on your credit card and your away.

Joe Writeson

Jul 30, 2013
Indonesia
Save your bicky's now so you have round the clock dual naughty nurses for that last 2 months....rent a spectacular villa overlooking the ocean on your credit card and your away.

...no organisation in their right minds would issue me a credit card...but the nurses sounds like a good idea...but only if they are 'Carry On' style...as in...

'Feeling a little stiff this morning Mister Writeson?
'It's time for your special injection Mister Writeson'
'Ooohh errrr are we making things hard for you?'

Balifrog

Dec 30, 2017
Family is everything so yes I'll go to my family
My kids have their own life, not gonna bother them with a dying old man....

My brother / sister will probably pop over to sort and recover family souvenirs.

What saddens me is that I will leave the Missus with all the hassle (body transport, cremation etc...)

harryopal1

Jul 20, 2023
In Aus you can donate your body to a university's anatomy school. They pick up the remains and there are no costs. At the end of a couple of years, if it matters, they may return the ashes. Maybe check out that as a possibility here.

Personally the idea of spending huge amounts of money for burial, flash coffin and all the perks makes no sense. If donation of remains is not available here then the cheapest Muslim style of wrapping in cloth and dropping into a hole seems best.
1695720627238.png

Reactions: Shadrach

BoraNacar

Sep 26, 2023
My kids have their own life, not gonna bother them with a dying old man....

My brother / sister will probably pop over to sort and recover family souvenirs.

What saddens me is that I will leave the Missus with all the hassle (body transport, cremation etc...)
you're not wrong. i also feel sad with the hassle. their eyes cry and their pockets cry

BoraNacar

Sep 26, 2023
In Aus you can donate your body to a university's anatomy school. They pick up the remains and there are no costs. At the end of a couple of years, if it matters, they may return the ashes. Maybe check out that as a possibility here.

Personally the idea of spending huge amounts of money for burial, flash coffin and all the perks makes no sense. If donation of remains is not available here then the cheapest Muslim style of wrapping in cloth and dropping into a hole seems best.
View attachment 3791
everyone has his opinion, but i gotta agree that spending a fortune in burial does not make any sense. it is like the living is trying to give back to whatever regrets they had. even if the person had a wish to have a simple burial they still not honor it and throw extravagant one.

Shadrach

Feb 20, 2021

View attachment 3791
Hey that sounds like a good idea! They could cut me up and show everyone what not to do. I would make a prime example of what a body looks like that has indulged in everything I could possible get my hands on to experiment with the effects of that substance. For sure there wouldn't be any organ donations! Except maybe my eyeballs!

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
What a morbid bunch of mother-feckers. Being steeped in the local culture due to the plain geography I gotta say the locals that I know are surrounded by death all the time and take it fairly calmly and as just another event of the day. I mean my staff between them have about 20 member of their nearest family what with fathers, uncles, aunts, step mothers and fathers, cousins, etc. There's hardly a day goes by when one of them hasn't dropped off the perch with all the attendant ceremony and costs. Death is here almost a subscription process - you die, get planted in some hole until the time is right due to enough savings or some high caste person getting seen off and you can sort of tag along for free. It's only sad when the young die so all the old feckers on this forum deserve only a cold beer and a squeeze on a willing round bottom.

Balifrog

Dec 30, 2017
Cremation for me, likely in the Missus village in Java. Ashes to be dispersed at sea (ex Navy, the sea was my home and love for 7 years), a small jar to be kept at the Sanga shrine we build 2 years ago behind her house.
Her parents ashes have already been moved there, and their are still 2 "seats" available...
One for me, one for her.

Well, considered I.paid for the construction of the said sanga, seems normal that I am entitled at least a VIP seat, no ?

Question she asked me : " But what if you die in Bali, how can I move your body to Java, not.easy..."

My answer : "Do like in the movies, roll me in a carpet, in the boot of the car and off we go..."