kazzie

Feb 26, 2013
Hi everyone, newbie here...just in the process of moving to Bali part time. We have sourced most of our needs but can't seem to find crockery, utensils etc at reasonable prices (they are cheaper in Perth) can anyone help???

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Right she is (LoveGroove) Lotte Markt for ceramics or sometimes at Hardy's for your plastics.

Actually I love using the bamboo woven "plates" with a banana leaf on top for mealtimes very natural and meals really taste better on them and there's no washing up. You just throw away the banana leaf.

Plates are so fecking "normal" aren't they? If you want to LIVE in Bali then maybe start "living" in Bali and leave that "western" bullshit behind?

Just a thought...

Reactions: Jilly Maguire

kazzie

Feb 26, 2013
Thanks for that I will go and have a look............apparantley you can get lots of good things there cheers

kazzie

Feb 26, 2013
Hmmmm I guess it depends on what you consider "normal" are Balinese people not "normal"? Perhaps we should leave computers behind as well...

Cheers for the advice...:icon_e_confused:

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I am seriously gonna get a breathalyzer fitted to the computer.

I have no fecking idea what "normal" is - wouldn't know it if it bit me on the foreskin.

Having said that do try the bamboo plates with a banana leaf.

Lovegrove

Feb 7, 2013
Karangasem
Don't get breathalyser fitted - the forum might cease to exist hehehe
As for "normal" - Markit, that is never a word that fits into my description of you...:icon_evil:

If you go to Lottemart Kazzie, allow some time, the registers can often be a bit "overworked" - unlike Markit :p

alex margou

Jul 20, 2013
Any of the TIARA group supermarkets have a good range of general kitchen stuff going cheap (Tiara Dewata centre of Denpasar, T'a Grosir south of Ubung, T'a Gatzu at the western end of Gatot Subroto in Dalung (they often have lots of cheese there! - I don't really know why I said that, but cheese does seem to be a bit of a recurring topic on this website), T'a Monang Maning in ... Monang-Maning....... etc etc