Where To Buy Electronics?

mister567

Jul 21, 2017
Just curious, for those of you who live in Bali.

What is the best/most affordable place in SE Asia to get electronics?

Laptops, cameras, drones, phones, etc.

Last time I was in Bali it seemed like the prices for electronics were astronomical for any recent tech. Was I looking in the wrong place?

Or would somewhere like Singapore be better, for example?

DenpasarHouse

Aug 13, 2013
I buy as much as I can online now. Delivery can be very quick and the delivery cost reasonable. You can often get a cheaper price (even after adding the cost of delivery) as you're getting access to the larger market of Jakarta, where most things tend to be cheaper.

I'd find the exact model number of whatever you're after and then search for that online.

tokopedia.com is really great. You can click "English" down the bottom of the page so that the site itself will be in English. However, most of the adds, and your interaction with the sellers, will still be in Indonesian. Google translate can help you out there.

JohnnyCool

Jan 10, 2009
Sanur
What is the best/most affordable place in SE Asia to get electronics?
That’s a tough question to answer. I would say Singapore, Bangkok and Kuala Lumpur, with some caveats.

1. You have to beware of getting fake/refurbished items (varies between countries)
2. “International warranties” may not apply if your item breaks in another country
3. Savings these days may not be as dramatic as you hope
4. One of the cheapest places in the world to buy “electronics” is actually the USA (more caveats)

In Bali, “Rimo” (now called RTR), has thousands of PCs, laptops, hard drives, processors, ram chips, printers, accessories, etc, for sale. You can get “good” prices if you can bargain and know what you want. Address: Jalan Diponegoro, Denpasar.

On-line in Indonesia is also a good option. My favourite is Bhinekka.com in Jakarta. It has a huge range of items including computers, smartphones, cameras, TVs, musical instruments, refrigerators, you name it. Delivery is fast and free. I’ve bought stuff from them that arrived within two or three days.

Tokopedia is worth a look but the sellers tend to be locals who start up on-line shops and get their stuff from other suppliers. Or, they’re trying to sell second-hand goods.

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
I also buy online, have tried Bhinekka, Lazada and Tokopedia. Recently got a mibox 3 Android TV box thru Tokopedia using a supplier xiaomi.id in Semarang. Check Tokopedia suppliers to see how many they sold