where do you like to go to renew visa?

marisa

Jun 1, 2004
I have been reading your messages for the last few weeks, and have really enjoyed all the sharing. Thank you for being so open. You are all so generous with your experiences, and that has done a great deal to help me accept Bali a little better. My husband just loves Bali and as I am writing this he is there in our home, and I am here in California. We have been having a pretty big($$) problem with a partner of 20 years ( we first bought properties in Bali in 1970 ) , and he will need to stay longer than the current 30 days. We are not happy with the new visa limits, and will look into a retirement visa asap, but for now, my husband will need to leave and return. Where do you like go for the interim? I am still a little awed by all the Baliophiles, and a little jealous, because I just don't feel that way. All my friends in Bali are Balinese and all my children speak fluent Balinese, but still I just don't feel enamored. I've worked in a sawah, cleaned cloves with the "crazy lady" ( for all you old folks), made more lawar than I ever need to , but my happiest times have been riding my old bike through the fields just as the sun comes up. Also how are you all liking all the Java investors buying up Balinese land? I find it hard to reconcile and even more difficult to glimpse the motive. And what about the "sunrise highway" I haven't heard much about it , any news? Thanks, I'll add more in the next month when my youngest son comes home from college. He can't believe it will be the first summer in his life he has not spent in Bali ( he's 21) He has traveled to many countries, and it will be his first summer in ours. But because of his language skills, he has an internships he cannot refuse. You will love the early 70's photos of downtown Kuta! I hope he'll be able to add them on for all of you. :roll:

Bert Vierstra

Nov 5, 2002
Homeless
Welcome marisa !

I ususally, before my Kitas, went to Singapore, back in a little more then 24 hours, to renew my visa. An agent there arranges everything in a morning, if you want a social visa... then you can stay 6 months...

Looking forward to the Kuta pictures...

Whats the Sunrise highway ? (I live in the north...)

marisa

Jun 1, 2004
Hi Bert, the sunrise highway will go from Kuta to Tanah Lot in a rather straight line, cutting the rice fields and small villages in it's wake. It has been on the books and the last I heard is starting ( it is marked with wooden posts if you look for them, or just ask any local in the area if you ever are there )- where do they get the $$$$ for thiss????? The current jalan will be for motor bikes, with the new road for buses, transport, cars, etc. It moves closer to the coast, if that helps. Thank you for the advice(Singapore) , I'll call tonight here, morning there. We used to own property in the Northwest, I'll have to look back in the papers to tell you the name of the area, it had a nice waterfall and now is most likely different from my mind's eye rearview. Thank you Bert .