surfermoe

Oct 3, 2012
We don't have a local bank account and have been driving from our house in Canggu to the BCA Card Centre in Kuta to get cash advances on our Visa. (We're on a Sosbud visa and have tried to open an account at several local banks. No dice.)

The appeal of the BCA Card Centre is we can get a cash advance of Rp 10 million at a time for a low fee (Rp 50,000). Does anyone know if there's a bank in the Canguu area that offers the same deal?

calitobali

Jul 10, 2008
You can take out cash from the ATM with the same Visa card, without having a local bank account. Not sure I understand the reason to want to take out a cash advance, other than saving a bit on ATM fees. Most ATMs charge a $5 fee or less, so taking out 10 million at a time would be 4 withdrawals resulting in around $20. Sure, it's a bit more but keeps you from having to drive all that way.

Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
BNI and PermataBank offer bank accounts to sosbud holders with a letter of reccomendation from a current account holder(3 months minimum)

Denistrip

Nov 16, 2012
BNI and PermataBank offer bank accounts to sosbud holders with a letter of reccomendation from a current account holder(3 months minimum)

no need to have sosbud even, VOA is ok, BNI just asked me to bring my local friend who has account there to sign letter and thats all