caz707

Dec 22, 2012
Hi
I was wondering if anyone knows of a house or villa in Bali which has wheelchair access. My husband celebrated his 40th in Bali(2008). His First time there and loved it. Later that year he acquired a rare auto immune disorder which has left him a quadriplegic on a ventilator. I would love for him to return one day if possible so as I will be in Bali on Wed 2nd Jan for 9 days holidaying with a friend I would like to take the opportunity to have a look around to see if there is a place with suitable facilities. A couple of years ago I visited Villa G in Sanur and I believe we could manage there but Id like to explore other options. I had a look at several hotel rooms with disability facilities but as my husbands chair is quite large and we need to hoist him in and out of bed I don't think any of them had the room to maneuver around. We can only get up a step a few inches high with the aid of a portable ramp and we need air conditioning. A place with a nice garden or view would be great as we would be spending most of our time there as we would have a hard time negotiating the streets. Also while my friend and I are here can anyone suggest a pub/bar or restaurant with a bit of live music not too rowdy!
Thankyou

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
I am just thinking through villas and hotels I know, and even for single level villas there is often a few steps up at the entry with no ramp or anything. But in Bali getting help is inexpensive - so if you needed to get around with a driver, he would often need one more helper to lift the wheelchair up these few steps.

Many Bali residential compounds have a main entry where you go up a few steps, then down again. Now many of these places have a motorbike ramp built onto the centre of the steps with just enough of the steps still showing either side for humans to use. But I cannot recall seeing ramps that are designed for wheelchairs :-(

caz707

Dec 22, 2012
Thanks ronb
Problem is the wheel chair is really heavy as it has the ventilator electric motor etc, even two meaty guys couldn't lift it.
Ill have a look out for the motorbike ramped residences! and have a chat to the chap at Villa G - he was extremely helpful last time I visited there.
Cheers