what type of visa is 211 ! Visa between 1 day (Songkhla, TH)

birdeegeorge

Sep 20, 2007
phuket
Hello friends from the forum,

I'm new in this forum. Now I live in Phuket. I visit Bali in December and now I have one tourist visa (60 day).
I get the visa from Songhkla in Thailand (near Had Yai, border to malaysia), between 1 day, application in the morning 9 a clock and take the visa in the afternoon (14 a clock same day). Very easy and friendly in the consulat, don't have other customer.

This is my first visa for indonesia, now I have one question !

Can someone tell me what type of visa I have.
Type of Visa : B Index Visa: 211

How long I can stay with this visa ! (only 60 day or social visa)

I read in other forum, the Index 211 is for social visa, they put me the wrong Index (better for me, because I don't have sponsor letter and I would like to stay until 6 month)

FreoGirl

Dec 21, 2004
Fremantle, Australia
RE: what type of visa is 211 ! Visa between 1 day (Songkhla,

Can't give you specifics on visa numbers, but seriously doubt it is a social visa - even if it is, you won't be able to extend it without the sponsor.

Mbok_Mary

Jul 22, 2006
Ubud, Bali

Two weeks ago I got my visa from the Indonesian consulate in San Francisco, USA. I applied for the social visa, with sponsor, etc.

They also issued me a 211 visa this time. When I asked about using 211 for the sosial budaya, consulate answered they have now recently combined the visas to make things easier. He said "they are the same, now." So, the information I received was that they are now using "211" for both tourist and social visas.

If you have a sponsor- the 211 visa is extendable, for up to 6 months, just as the social visa has been in the past. If you have a 211 but no sponsor, then you may not be able to extend this once in Indonesia.

birdeegeorge

Sep 20, 2007
phuket

Hello Mbok_Mary, Hello FreoGirl,

thanks for the information, now I know a little more about this and what I can do if I would like to stay more than 60 days.

george from thailand

Theo

Sep 10, 2007
Holland

Is the sponsor necessary when you apply for it in your home country, or when you are trying to extend it once in Indonesia?

pPamela

Nov 5, 2002

Hi,
There has been a lot of discussion about this visa on Lonely Planet Thorn Tree lately.
Last year when I applied for my 60 day visa here in Oz, I received a 411 visa, but when I applied for new 60 day visas in Singapore in August and Penang in Oct I received 211 visa.
You are correct in saying they have combined them because a friend of mine currently visting Indonesia got a 211 visa here in Oz before he left for Indonesia.
If you go to Thorn Tree Indonesia section and do a search for DerekInAsia you will find his post where he extended his 211 visa in Medan North Sumatra for 30 days at a cost of 250,000 rupiah.
We haven't heard from him since so have no idea how successful he has been in getting the visa extended elsewhere in Indonesia.
Would be interested to hear from anyone else who has extended their 211 visa in Indonesia and have they done it at different places throughout Indonesia.
Pamela.