balibule

Feb 6, 2009
... gas hot water heater.

The previous gas hot water heaters I had/have never impress much. The flame doesn't switch on. Adjusting temperature is a pain in the a$$ either to hot or not hot enough. The gas hot water heaters I see in Mitra10 and elsewhere all seem to be the same. Just wondering if there is a more superior brand.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I looked for the best too - ended up with the Wasser model - review "would rather set fire to my hemorrhoids than buy again".

Total ****e buy an electric if you can - the small ones are good.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Electric - more expensive to run, almost zero maintenance. Gas - cheap to run, high maintenance, hassle of changing gas bottles etc.

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
When spicy changed from gas to electric we got a couple of his gas cast-offs - they are Rinnai and are good. Since one blue gas bottle lasts several months the occasional need to change the gas bottle is no big deal for us. But if you are operating accommodation rentals, then running out of gas would just be a pain. In that case electric might improve your TripAdvisor feedbacks.

balibule

Feb 6, 2009
I have a Modena gas water heater. Continues headache. Must change but not really interested in electric that runs 24/7.

I am also considering getting a 50kg gas bottle and connect a few appliances to one tank but am worried gas pressure would decrease if you run long gas hoses.