What do you think about the proposed Visa-regulations?

G

Will the new VISA-regulations be implemented in December or not? :?: .. this is what friends ask me that wish to visit bali in the coming months.. well.. what do i know? If there is anything i know for sure that would be ... that noone knows for sure! :shock:

mimpimanis

Nov 4, 2003
Kuta, Lombok
www.mimpimanis.com
New Visa

I was at the Indonesian embassy in London 2 days ago applying for my Social visa. There were already people there applying for the new 60 day visa at £35 each. For travel in December. I did see on another forum that it has been put back to Jan 1st now but dont know if that is accuarte or not. I am only going for 2 months but they insisted I do a socai visa rather than a tourist visa as I will be "visiting" my husband. If I knew it was starting in jan (if true) I neednt have got a visa at all :roll:

G

what i want to see in bali in january and februari is: what will the fees for extending the tourist-visa be? (not that i use one... just intresting). :wink:

G

it seems the proposed new visa got further delayed right? :wink: that's at least what i've heard.... :roll:

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
More on the new visa

Frankly, I don’t know what’s funnier to watch…the government bureaucrats trying to figure something out, or an old episode of the Keystone Cops. I was just at the Indonesian Embassy in Bangkok on Monday the first of December to renew my social visa and it too was mobbed with tourists trying to apply for the new 60 day tourist visa. Of course, the fact that the Embassy had been closed the entire previous week due to Idul Fitre didn’t make matters any easier. By the way…in case some expats are not aware, visa processing time at the Indo Embassy in Bangkok has been increased to TWO days, i.e. apply on day one, and pick up visa on day three. This is a new change that went into effect recently.

In any event, the “word” there was that all visitors who currently are eligible for automatic tourist visas for 60 days on arrival did not need the “new” visa so long as their arrival date in Indonesia was prior to January 1, 2004.

When I got back to Bali, I read an article in the Bali Post that said that this new visa has been postponed indefinitely, and will not be effective on January 1.