What do you pay for garbage collection?

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
There is a new service available in my village for garbage collection, and am curious about what others are paying to have their garbage collected twice a week? In my case this involves only a family of two adults.
Thanks in advance for your input.

tel522

Oct 30, 2015
There is a new service available in my village for garbage collection, and am curious about what others are paying to have their garbage collected twice a week? In my case this involves only a family of two adults.
Thanks in advance for your input.
40k a month in our village

Mark

Apr 19, 2004
We currently stay near Ubud and live in a villa (defined here as a house with a swimming pool), and pay our desa 100k per month for garbage pickup that is done one to two times a week, depending... For houses without a pool the cost is much less, since people who have a swimming pool obviously generate a lot more rubbish o_O

harryopal

May 5, 2016
We currently stay near Ubud and live in a villa (defined here as a house with a swimming pool), and pay our desa 100k per month for garbage pickup that is done one to two times a week, depending... For houses without a pool the cost is much less, since people who have a swimming pool obviously generate a lot more rubbish o_O
Two adults in a house in Jimbaran and we pay 150K per month including street cleaning and security.

PERtoDPS

Dec 31, 2018
The agreement was nothing "it's already paid" by my Indo mrs and the landlord. As soon as they learned Bule stays here shifted to 50,000 a month, Seams reasonable and comes 6x a week.

Edit: just realised I didn't post location: Sanur.

Last edited:

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
In Surabaya we pay Rp700,000 per month for daily garbage, 24/7 security, street cleaning , mowing and watering the footpath and water for house.

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
Thanks so much to those responding to my inquiry. Just felt possibly being a bit mIlked in being charged 160k per month for a 2 time a week pickup for no more than a couple small plastic bags of garbage. The vegetable matter being composted for the garden.
Mark your remark about villa owners sure reflected my feelings with a good laugh.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
This is a really interesting thread, not for the original trash content, but more for the way it seems that local government are able and willing to generate income without recourse to any form of legislation.

Has anyone asked to see which government regulations 'govern' these various charges?

I don't pay any garbage charges because I live down a dirt road that supposedly belongs to the army (a whole other story) and my staff take the garbage generated up to a central collection place with a large container.

I do get charges for the banjar yearly of 1.5 million for upkeep of the local temples and general "whatever" charges, which I am happy to pay IF THAT'S ALL. When I asked to see some documentation I got given an "official" paper with the holy "stamp" showing it was official. Needless to say there was nothing "official" about this and I could have whipped it up in about 20 minutes on any decent text program.

I presume you all are paying under that same motivation?

tel522

Oct 30, 2015
This is a really interesting thread, not for the original trash content, but more for the way it seems that local government are able and willing to generate income without recourse to any form of legislation.

Has anyone asked to see which government regulations 'govern' these various charges?

I don't pay any garbage charges because I live down a dirt road that supposedly belongs to the army (a whole other story) and my staff take the garbage generated up to a central collection place with a large container.

I do get charges for the banjar yearly of 1.5 million for upkeep of the local temples and general "whatever" charges, which I am happy to pay IF THAT'S ALL. When I asked to see some documentation I got given an "official" paper with the holy "stamp" showing it was official. Needless to say there was nothing "official" about this and I could have whipped it up in about 20 minutes on any decent text program.

Our yearly contribution to the banjar for ceremonies last year was 120k .

Mark

Apr 19, 2004

The trash fee we pay to the Desa is memorialized in a regulation signed and chopped by the Kepala Desa. All residents are treated equally, subject only to whether they have a swimming pool at their residence. Have one, pay more. Don't, pay less. All according to the written regulation.

Juggler

Jun 20, 2018
Berawa was 50k per month then she lost here tipping spot..new guy is 200k per month for maybe once or twice a week... cant really work out the schedule..