rasi

Aug 26, 2010
I get heartburn/reflux and have not been able to find any of the chewable style relief... When I ask the chemist, they look at me very strangely. No one I talked to has heard of heartburn. If anyone knows anywhere that has them, would be great to know!

balidavo

Sep 16, 2011
bukit bali
dry lube sticks - they look like a crayon and are great for putting on the runners in timber drawers ( ie; furnature ) to make them not stick and slide in and out with ease . I havent seen them here anywhere , but they sell them in oz

SHoggard

Nov 28, 2011
Singapore
dry lube

dry lube sticks - they look like a crayon and are great for putting on the runners in timber drawers ( ie; furnature ) to make them not stick and slide in and out with ease . I havent seen them here anywhere , but they sell them in oz

Use candle-wax - beeswax is best but petroleum wax works as well..
Just rub the contact areas with the (unlit) candle

TomYum

Feb 10, 2012
Bali
Simple but true.... a bottle of your favorite spirits - really expensive locally, something to do with tax

no.idea

Feb 22, 2011
Sanur
I get heartburn/reflux and have not been able to find any of the chewable style relief... When I ask the chemist, they look at me very strangely. No one I talked to has heard of heartburn. If anyone knows anywhere that has them, would be great to know!

Try asking for Promag. Maag can actually mean ulcer or stomach.

portico504

Jun 27, 2010
Things I buy every time I leave Bali. Shoes for my big feet. Largest shoe size at most stores in Bali is 43 or 44. Also, proper brown sugar. It is very hard to find even at the Gourmet markets.

pollyanna

Feb 8, 2010
Ubud, Bali
Things I buy every time I leave Bali. Shoes for my big feet. Largest shoe size at most stores in Bali is 43 or 44. Also, proper brown sugar. It is very hard to find even at the Gourmet markets.

Perhaps the availability of brown sugar has changed since you were here. I can find it at Bintang and Delta Dewata in Ubud and Hardy’s in Sanur. I just saw heaps of it today in Bintang.

zoyra

Jun 24, 2010
Bali
Brown sugar

Hi Portico, whereabout are you located. Just in case you are in Ubud area, you can get SIS brown sugar at
ubud deli.

tom

Sep 27, 2009
CA. USA
There was a thread last year some time, asking the same questions. Maybe an idea to go and have a search for it, there were plenty of great ideas listed there. Oh, also I have heard that an e-reader is better than a kindle as it is not "locked" to amazon, who dont sent to Indonesia. Good luck and welcome to Bali :icon_biggrin:

Does anyone know if this is true. Is a kindle of no use in Indonesia?

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
Of course it is useful in Indonesia or any other country you can get to. It is just an ebook reader, and you can load ebooks onto it using software like Calibre calibre - E-book management. The fact that Amazon is unable to sell some ebooks to Indonesia (because of restrictions imposed by publishers) is just a minor inconvenience. You can find a huge range of books, build up your collection on a PC using Calibre, then download your current reading list to your Kindle., Nook, Sony reader, iPad, Android tablet, or whatever. Go for it.

tom

Sep 27, 2009
CA. USA
Of course it is useful in Indonesia or any other country you can get to. It is just an ebook reader, and you can load ebooks onto it using software like Calibre calibre - E-book management. The fact that Amazon is unable to sell some ebooks to Indonesia (because of restrictions imposed by publishers) is just a minor inconvenience. You can find a huge range of books, build up your collection on a PC using Calibre, then download your current reading list to your Kindle., Nook, Sony reader, iPad, Android tablet, or whatever. Go for it.

Thanks Ron. I think that would be a good investment. I havenever used one or even downloaded a book on my pc.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
I have a Kindle and love it. I haven't had any trouble buying books so far. Can anyone post a title that they couldn't buy in Indonesia so I can try? As Ron says you can copy any book to the device. It appears like a storage device when you connect it to your computer and you just copy the files across. I had a PDF of a book, converted it using the Calibre software (free) to Kindle's format (Mobi) and it worked fine.