Water Filtration System

DenpasarHouse

Aug 13, 2013
Thanks tel522, here's an article that covers some of the same ground.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-remove-viruses-Study/articleshow/6568834.cms

A study by the government-funded body that conducts research on communicable diseases and viruses evaluated eight domestic water purifier brands. It found only two - one equipped with a hollow fibre membrane and the other with a gravity-fed filter - could completely remove the viruses.

Here's someone who's sceptical about the results and has caught them out in a blatant lie about how effective the Pureit filter is.

http://www.moneylife.in/article/how...ifier-hul-makes-exaggerated-claims/17029.html

While it's good that it meets the US EPA’s criteria for microbiologically safe drinking water, this is really an admission that it doesn't remove all virus particles but is good enough for human consumption. However, it's not addressing it's efficacy over the life of the filter. How does it perform in the 6th month?

It gets on my nerves in the same way billion-dollar vitamin and supplement companies do. They're swimming in cash, at least enough for expensive marketing campaigns, but they haven't done the most basic of tests to prove that their products actually do what they claim. In this case, they should be repeating the test over the life of the filter.

In fact, on their website they provide no references to tests of any kind, not even the one above. See: https://www.pureitwater.com/IN/

tel522

Oct 30, 2015
I think a company like unilever with its caring philosophy towards its staff , going all the way back to to port sunlight in the wirral uk , would not risk killing its consumers for the sake of a little more profit , but ya thats my opinion .
Whos to say that all the aqua gallons sold in indonesia are pure and not contaminated with god knows what !
we live in a country where money is god , and standards mean nothing ,facing corruption at every level including the supreme court.
I have used pureit for 6 years , no problems .

Reactions: Markit

DenpasarHouse

Aug 13, 2013
Pureit was actually developed under the Indian arm of Unilever, not the parent company in the UK. I'm not sure that Indian companies are known for their trustworthiness, you could probably say this about all companies, but it's especially true of companies in the developing world.

I can't say that they don't work, it's more than likely that they do. But you'd think they'd be falling over themselves to give their customers independent, scientifically valid proof and yet the only thing they offer is a test done a couple of years AFTER they starting selling their product.

From what I can see, they haven't even attempted to test it over the standard life of the filter. If they have done such tests, they haven't published them. They've basically done nothing to prove their claims.

Personally, I wouldn't use it on bore water that was sourced anywhere near septic tanks.

tel522

Oct 30, 2015
ya hindustan unilever ,but I reckon the mother company keeps an eye on what they are producing, I read the tests in the us by mit it is in the top 5 the top 2 were the expensive electrically powered reverse osmosis types .
Yes I agree if your in a built up area I would not use a filter system because of fecal contamination .

Reactions: DenpasarHouse

Kev62

May 17, 2017
On top of all that it actually tastes really good too.
Now all you need is an Ozone generator to bubble pure Ozone through your freshly filtered ice water. Ozone will 100% purify your water after its being filtered and it gets Oxygen into your bloodstream and gut where its needed. If you think your filtered water tastes good, wait until you have bubbled Ozone through it for 60 seconds. That sudden rush of O3 into your bloodstream eradicates free radicals and leaves O2 in its place, it is a great pick me up or cure for hangover.
Someone should have told team US Postal about this 15 years ago ;) I have a monster 30 gram per hour generator, best $350 I ever spent

Reactions: mugwump

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Now all you need is an Ozone generator to bubble pure Ozone through your freshly filtered ice water. Ozone will 100% purify your water after its being filtered and it gets Oxygen into your bloodstream and gut where its needed. If you think your filtered water tastes good, wait until you have bubbled Ozone through it for 60 seconds. That sudden rush of O3 into your bloodstream eradicates free radicals and leaves O2 in its place, it is a great pick me up or cure for hangover.
Someone should have told team US Postal about this 15 years ago ;) I have a monster 30 gram per hour generator, best $350 I ever spent

Mate, with all due respect this is fucking water (H2O) we're talking about not the elixir of facking life. You wanna go to all that trouble for something without any alch in it then it better give you a 2 day stiffy is all I can say.

Reactions: Kev62

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan

Mark

Apr 19, 2004

Interesting. More info please, like what is the brand and where did you buy it?

lumumba

Sep 17, 2008
Bandung-Bali-Jakarta
i bought Unilever 2 years ago, got it home and after reading the instruction i sold it to a friend, never use it so i can't comment on the performance.
There is a lot of cleaning to do and ever so often.

tel522

Oct 30, 2015
i bought Unilever 2 years ago, got it home and after reading the instruction i sold it to a friend, never use it so i can't comment on the performance.
There is a lot of cleaning to do and ever so often.

not sooo much cleaning , I give it a rinse at filter change 4 to 6 months , depending on how dirty the water is on filling ie muddy , the cloth top filter may need rinsing every week or so , 2 minutes , thats it .

Kev62

May 17, 2017
Mate, with all due respect this is fucking water (H2O) we're talking about not the elixir of facking life. You wanna go to all that trouble for something without any alch in it then it better give you a 2 day stiffy is all I can say.
and there's me thinking water pretty much was the elixir of life :)
All I am saying is that if you want a 100% purification method, Ozone is the answer. They even use it in swimming pool purification plants as its much more effective than chlorine at killing bacteria. enjoy your new water filter and make sure you change the active carbon filter at least every 3 months.
you might like to google "health benefits of Ozone"
Thanks,
Kev

Kev62

May 17, 2017
Last edited:

tel522

Oct 30, 2015
there you go:

View attachment 2971

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/BO-...32292339776.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.IVwwtD

I just checked on the website, looks like its not available anymore :(
That's unfortunate as it was a bargain compared with others and I never ever found another brand that could deliver the quantity of O3 per hour that this one does.
Thanks,
Kev.
do you have any independent test results ?

I notice the generator is made in china a country known for its quality standards ,

davita

Mar 13, 2012
I had a portable ozone air generator on my boat to eliminate odor and sterilize. It worked great but there was a warning to not operate continuously in a room when people were in attendance.
Hotels use them when folks smoke in non-smoking rooms.

wepro

Nov 8, 2005
Canggu
Hi Markit.

Maybe its a mix up from your side between "ozone" or "oxygen" ??

2 weeks ago in hospital they gave "oxygen" to me for supporting blood supply for about 5 days.
And I'm still alive, wow ;);)
Thank god, the doctors didn't read your post :)

Reactions: Kev62