samsiam

Feb 2, 2014
Does Bali have a water festival at all like we have here each year.

Coincides with the end of the hottest time of year, 43 couple days ago...and the start of the wet season...so the country goes wild with water...it also happens to be the Thai New year...but thats secondary to massive water fights.

Been out for 2 days now, going again this arvo....might post a pic or 2 later if interested.

Just wondering if I ...I mean the kids, have something equally as fun to look forward to there each year.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Kids here have ceremonies - which, amazingly, they seem to enjoy. They play with each other on the small side streets from sun up to sun down, fly kites (windy season), go fishing in the gullies (rainy season) and are generally held to be the top of the food chain, at least by their relatives i.e. they are much loved.

In my next life I'd like to come back as a Balinese kid or a Kamel Toe Tester, it changes regularly.

Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
Usually Sunday around 4 pm the beaches are packed with Kids taking bathes opps swimming in the sea.

samsiam

Feb 2, 2014
Yeah....but this is massive.

Just finished 3rd day and wrecked and frozen to the bone....had to stop for 2 bowls of piping hot noodles halfway through this arvo...then hot coffee at the end and then a steaming hot shower upon return home to thaw out.

Picture 4 large buckets in the back of my truck....all filled with huge slabs of ice to chill the water to freezing.....water cannons and drive around town pelting everyone you see with water all afternoon long...a dozen people in the back, white paste which is plasted over everyone and every thing...should see my nice black truck....then it buckets down in the middle of a thunder storm and its actually warm, you enjoy it and continue on.....pelting water on everyone in the middle of a storm.....its amazing, 12 years of it and never tire....the whole town comes out...the whole country comes out.....there are some expat sooks that moan and complain and usually hole up inside for the week, but thats ok, better their sad arses are hidden.

Today, only saw maybe 25 ambulance trips and one guy running around with a knife trying to stab someone...so all in all a good day.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Boy those Thais sure know how to have fun...?

"Today, only saw maybe 25 ambulance trips and one guy running around with a knife trying to stab someone...so all in all a good day"

I'm afraid you will find Bali seriously lame in comparison. Course, you could spice up your time here with trips back to Thighland for special events "National Ladyboy Day", Hook a Hooker day, Bhumibol Joke of the Week, etc.

Joe Writeson

Jul 30, 2013
Indonesia
Bhumibol Joke of the Week, etc.
....egad NOOOOOOoooo how to get thrown in the Bangkok Hilton and get yer head kicked in on a daily basis...
Dumb mate of mine passed some derogatory remark on ver King when he was on TV blowing his trumpet ...or was it saxophone?
Anyway, a girl came around from behind the bar and bottled him...then as he lay bleeding on the floor taxi drivers were queuing up to kick him...not wanting to be identified as a possible accomplice in the act of insulting the King, I gave him a couple of digs as well...as you do!

samsiam

Feb 2, 2014
Yes.....never utter a word in public.

But, in can work for you...a friend was getting lip by a drunk obnoxious foreigner, in fact he was giving everyone lip and a hard time.....my mate whom speak thai fluently talked to a copper standing nearby that was getting more and more annoyed by said foreigner.....friend said to copper...'that guy just said something bad about Elvis, can I whack him'...copper turned away and knob got whacked.