Tobeornot

Jan 4, 2014
Hi Everyone, I am new to the forum. Firstly I would like to say thank you for all the knowledgable information you are providing to me and others like me. I am hoping you will be able to assist me with my question.

I am renovating a bathroom and I am looking for a single glass petition (used to stop the shower splashes) frameless shower screen... I would prefer no glass screen but my husband thinks the water will splash everywhere. The shower is positioned at the end of the bathroom so there is really nothing for the water to splash on. But to keep him happy I have said we could put up a glass screen/petetion he said they are not available in Bali. Really surely I will be able to find one somewhere. They are used now in a lot of modern bathrooms.

Enough of my waffling, if you can provide an local suppliers that would greatly be appreciated.

I may have posted this in the wrong area earlier. oops.:culpability:

Last edited:

davita

Mar 13, 2012
I have 3 bathrooms with glass partitions and doors but suggest they would need a contractor to install...I think they were custom made.

If installing a glass partition looks too difficult...why not use a shower curtain. They have some nice product in Informa...above Ace in Galleria.
If the opposing walls are close you can get an expanding curtain rod from Rumakita in Discovery Mall which has suction cups on each end...no need to drill holes if the walls are smooth enough.

balibule

Feb 6, 2009
Hi Davita, how much work do you have on keeping the glass spotless?

I'm considering a glass screen as well but was wondering how much work it is to keep them clean vs. a simple shower curtain.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Hi Davita, how much work do you have on keeping the glass spotless?

I'm considering a glass screen as well but was wondering how much work it is to keep them clean vs. a simple shower curtain.

I'll be honest bb they are a pain in the ass (pita) to keep water spotless, particularly the ones I have in Bali. I also have one in our apartment in Jakarta but I think the water must be softer. What we do is use a small hand squeegie to get most of the water off...but that becomes a chore. There is paste (ACE) which has some cleansing effect but again....hard work. Our maid uses a spray everyday and it does work but, like I earlier agreed with you....a pita!

In any event...it would not be my selection to have clear tempered glass. I would go for etched design glass which will be more forgiving with water spots, but the etched side needs to be on the outside. It is also possible to have a plastic film with an imprinted design on glass but I'm not sure that will look too classy.
Alternately, build a tiled wall, or, as you suggest, use a curtain if it fits. I have an elegant curtain, with a liner, for the master-bath surround in our apartment. The inside liner (plastic) can be separately replaced when dirty.

Last edited:

Tobeornot

Jan 4, 2014
Hi Everyone, I am new to the forum. Firstly I would like to say thank you for all the knowledgable information you are providing to me and others like me. I am hoping you will be able to assist me with my question.

I am renovating a bathroom and I am looking for a single glass petition (used to stop the shower splashes) frameless shower screen... I would prefer no glass screen but my husband thinks the water will splash everywhere. The shower is positioned at the end of the bathroom so there is really nothing for the water to splash on. But to keep him happy I have said we could put up a glass screen/petetion he said they are not available in Bali. Really surely I will be able to find one somewhere. They are used now in a lot of modern bathrooms.

Enough of my waffling, if you can provide an local suppliers that would greatly be appreciated.

I may have posted this in the wrong area earlier. oops.:culpability:

Tobeornot

Jan 4, 2014
Hi Thank you for response I will take it on board.

Davita, can I ask you where you got your screen from in Bali or when I can purchase the etched glass as we having been looking around all day today with no luck.

Thank in advance.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Actually Tobeornot they came with the villa when I bought new. I'm in Jakarta till next week so cannot get hold of my handyman (Ketut) who is, currently, replacing a plastic skylight with tempered glass, in our Bali house. I will ask but, till then, I suggest you ask any contractor.
Unlike N.America or EU Bali doesn't offer much for the DIY kinda guy like me...being able to communicate directly to a contractor seems a better way to go.

IMO.... seems to me all bules should have a Ketut! Even when he directs me to where to go I then choose, take a pic, and get him to buy for me; unless it's from ACE/Bangunan/Mitra.

ferdie

Apr 4, 2013
Near Ubud
I'll need a glass partition also :icon_e_geek:

Did @tobeornot have managed to find one?
I'm in Jakarta now and could try sourcing for it here, but prefer to find one in Bali instead

Tobeornot

Jan 4, 2014
Hi Ferdie, I haven't had a chance to look in Bali yet. I am really hoping I can find one, I wouldnt think they would to be hard to find as most bathrooms now are showing just the glass partition. If you don't mind could you keep me updated on how you go sourcing the partition as I have but my bathroom renovations on hold till the end of May.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Another idea is to build a wall from glass bricks. I did that in a bathroom once myself as a DIY project. This means it is clear enough to permit light and stop splash, but sufficiently opaque to prevent calcium spots being so noticeable. They have a variety of those bricks in Depo Bangunan.
They can be formed with one end and top open without support, but probably not best constructed as totally free-standing.