Bali Villa Sales

Villas of Bali ™ is the trusted real estate company that offers the most beautiful villas for sale on Bali. Visit our experienced and helpful staff in our office in Seminyak, or search the extensive villa listing online at www.balivillasales.com, providing the most exclusive properties for sale. Villas of Bali ™ stands for quality, integrity and trust. We help you save time and money, while providing you peace of mind of your property related needs. Send us an email to info@villasofbali.com, or call us at +62 878 6249 3526.

1. Welcome Guest to the new look Balipod. If you are an existing member, just sign up with your usual username/password. Any problems you can post them here
    Dismiss Notice

Wanting to import Bali villa to Brisbane Australia

Discussion in 'Bali Expat Forum' started by Nel, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Nel

Nel New Member

can anyone give me advice and contacts for this please

2. davita

davita Well-Known Member

Hi Nel and welcome to the forum.
    I see you've posted almost the same question twice but, as its framed for a specific answer, I suspect others are hesitant to answer.
    If you mean you wish to buy and ship a wooden knocked-down joglo then I think you may get some response.....but a Bali house and/or Villa is usually made of bricks, cement and re-bar....so I doubt it's moveable.
    If you'd like to clarify about your project I'd hope you'd get some responses.

3. Mark

Mark Active Member

Google and you will be able to find the names of companies who build pre-fab homes in Bali that they also export. To get you started, look at tropicalbuildings dot com.

4. harryopal

harryopal Member

Australian quarantine regulations are very complex and they take importation of any kind of organic materials very seriously. I imagine if you were exporting a Bali made villa there may be a variety of different woods which would probably all need to be identifed. Anything that might harbour insects would either be rejected or require fumigation and that can be an expensive process.

Another consideration is that of local building regulations in Australia. Most councils have quite rigid rules about how and when a construction may be made and these rules have to be followed. Often inspections on site are conducted.

It would be important to have all these elements checked out before making any purchases here. I think a much more viable proposition would be to buy plans for a villa and then have it built in Australia but costing rather more. At least you can modify according to council requirements. So quite a bit of preliminary research to determine whether a more cheaply made Balinese product but requiring fumigation plus transport costs would in the end be cheaper than having a villa built in Australia using a Balinese plans.